Tiny Dancer

Have I mentioned that Jaden switched from her cheerleading class at The Little Gym to a dance class instead? A couple of weeks ago, Jaden decided she didn't want to go into the cheerleading class anymore. We'd get to the gym for gymnastics and she'd go right in with a smile, but we'd get to the gym for cheerleading and she would get all upset. In the meantime, she'd been making up her missed classes from when we went on vacation by doing the dance class there and so we talked and decided she'd rather do dance than cheerleading. I don't know why she decided after 10 weeks of class that cheerleading wasn't her thing anymore, but I will tell you that she has decided to try out cheerleading again in the fall (oh the joys of an indecisive and sometimes moody 3-year-old!!). In the meantime though, I have to admit that I'm really, really enjoying seeing my little girl in a leotard and tap / ballet shoes :) I can't wait to see the show in a few weeks to see Jaden dancing with her whole group!



Jaden got her tutu, which was made by my friend Kristin, in her Easter basket. Doesn't she look so sweet in it?!? Kristin would be happy to make tutus for other little girls of all ages; just let me know if you would like her contact information!
She has made many new friends in class, and is especially attached to one little girl whose mom I know through our community parents group, NHPP. It's so cute because when Jaden has been a little timid about going into class, this little girl comes right up to her and takes her by the hand. What nice friends!
Even though it is a dance class, the girls still spend 30 minutes in the gym, and this of course is Jaden's favorite part. She's building so much upper body strength and is so confident from her classes at The Little Gym!

One last photo of my little girl in her adorable ballerina outfit :)

Comments

Popular Posts