Beautiful baby, an exceptional experience
Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to see a most amazing baby animal...a baby ELEPHANT! One of the female elephants at the Columbus Zoo had her third successful pregnancy and birth and is now the proud mama of the cutest baby around. We had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to see the new little dumpling (who weighs in at a whopping 300 lbs already!). Waiting in line was no problemo though because some of Jack Hanna's assistants were stationed every 10-15 feet with live animals for us to touch, see up close and learn about. It was definitely a line worth standing in!
Jaden loved the baby elephant so much that she and I stayed in front of the windows looking at it longer than anyone else. We tucked outselves into a corner so that everyone else could keep walking by and taking their turns looking. It was so amazing to see the mama and baby interact, and I especially loved how playful the little tyke was.
The baby elephant is being named this Sunday, Mother's Day, and you can vote on which name you like best at the Columbus Zoo's website by clicking here. I think my favorite is Damai because it means peace. Enjoy the pics of us at the zoo, and especially of the adorable baby!
Jaden loved the baby elephant so much that she and I stayed in front of the windows looking at it longer than anyone else. We tucked outselves into a corner so that everyone else could keep walking by and taking their turns looking. It was so amazing to see the mama and baby interact, and I especially loved how playful the little tyke was.
The baby elephant is being named this Sunday, Mother's Day, and you can vote on which name you like best at the Columbus Zoo's website by clicking here. I think my favorite is Damai because it means peace. Enjoy the pics of us at the zoo, and especially of the adorable baby!







Comments