I'm not MIA! Ha!

Well hello there :) Long time, not see--haha! I apologize for, as my sister put it, going MIA on ya'll! I didn't mean to, but last week I had a to-do list with 50 items on it and I had to knuckle down and get everything accomplished. I'm happy to report that I got all but 9 items totally taken care of, and the remaining are getting done this week.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post anything for Fantastic Food Friday. I know some of you have probably been eating out since Friday, lost without any new recipes. Just kidding of course! Fantastic Food Friday will be back this Friday for sure, and I've been gathering some of our favorite side dish recipes to add to the main dishes for this week.

As for my last 7-day challenge. If you remember what it was, you deserve an award! It's been quite a bit longer than 7 days (14 to be exact) and I am sad to say that I didn't do so well. I was trying not to eat out for 7 days straight and the first 5 went VERY well. I packed lots of lunches that week instead of swinging through a quick drive through or picking up some take-out, and I was so happy with myself for taking the extra time to made sandwiches, etc. for the days when we were out. However, the weekend during that 7-day challenge posed a huge problem that I didn't take into consideration. Not only were we traveling (I went to a Women of Faith Conference in Columbus, OH), but I forgot that food was not included in the conference! Silly me! I did take some of my mother-in-law's macrobiotic food, but I didn't have a way to keep it cold & fresh at the conference....so I caved. I had to eat out. Actually my mom was so sweet and paid my way for lunch at the conference because she said then I'd at least not spend the money. (Thanks mama!) I ate out the next day as we drove home though so I really blew it...oops.

So, to make up for blowing that challenge, I'm having a re-do! Only this time I'm going to make it a bit tougher. For the next TWENTY-ONE days, I vow NOT to eat out AT ALL. I've made sure on my calendar that there is no traveling so I won't have to deal with that again (although it would be a great challenge in the future to travel w/out eating out!!). I do however have some really hectic, busy days coming up so this is going to force me into packing my lunch and lunches for my girls. I've been to the grocery store and stocked up on plenty of yummy lunch foods and snacks so I'm really excited. Do you think I can do it?

One other update--please pray for my nephew Preston as my sister and brother-in-law will receive the results tomorrow of all the tests run two weeks ago. Tomorrow they will find out if he indeed will have surgery or not. Please pray for my sister and brother-in-law in any decisions they must make, and please pray for Preston's doctors as they analyze his situation and present to Brooke and TJ. I'm not giving up on a miracle here! Preston (as you saw from our NC pics) is right on target growing and developing like a normal 1-year-old, so I know a God could have already performed a miracle or could have one in the works!

And one last thing...keep checking back this week b/c I'm going to post every day to make up for being "MIA" last week! Have a good one everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts