Jaden, our soccer star
Last week, Jaden started soccer! She's had a soccer ball for over a year now and has asked her daddy to teach her to play, to play with her, etc. So when we heard our community center offered a 'tot' soccer program, we decided to sign Jaden up. We thought she'd be really into it since she has shown so much interest in playing soccer with daddy at home. On the first day, the coaches were trying to teach the kids to dribble their soccer balls and I'm so incapable of sporty activities, that I hardly can dribble myself! Jaden gave it a good shot though, for awhile anyway. As soon as we were near the goal, all she cared about was kicking the ball into the net. I think her assigned group lost her more than a couple of times since she was doing her own thing, so it was good that I was there to keep her in line a bit!


As you can tell from the photos, our kid is going to be a real star. She's showing some real promising signs of soccer stardom--picking dandelions, lying in the middle of the field, losing her ball numerous times, "flying" around the field with her arms out like an airplane, picking up her ball and throwing it as her coach explains for the 100th time that there are no hands in soccer, looking underneath each cone set up for their drills instead of actually doing the drills, walking along the painted lines around the field as if they are balance beams, etc.
I should probably keep this a secret, but I think she just might even be on her way to a college scholarship for soccer.
Ahem.





Comments