Flashback Friday
Recently Scott and I were looking through all of our pictures on the computer in search of some photos of Jaden sleeping in a big girl bed for her first time. Along the way we found these amazing photos of tiny Sienna during her first weeks at home. The picture at the very bottom is when she was exactly one month old.
I go back and forth all the time on whether I want more children. I've had such a hard time getting the baby weight off and I worry that if I have any more babies I'll be as big as a blimp. But then I look at these precious photos and think that my vanity shouldn't matter and I should make more beautiful children!
I was able to cherish the first few weeks with Sienna a bit more than those with Jaden because I did not even feel like I'd had a baby (I felt that incredible, I swear!), I did not pressure myself about breastfeeding, and I knew from the first go-around that the tiny newborn days go by so fast and should be treasured so much. Enjoy the photos--some of my favorites!
Sienna grasping my finger
Holding onto Daddy's wedding ring
Tiny toes...so perfect!
Where Sienna (and Jaden, and ME for that matter!) slept as infants...my Grandpa Coupland built this gorgeous cradle for me when I was born and it is the perfect place for a newborn to rest. It is also such a special heirloom and I hope that each of my grandchildren also get to use it!
This was so cute...Sienna had a terrible diaper rash when she came home from the hospital, so we would take off her diaper and let her lie on this soft mat on the floor to let the air help the rash to heal. Well this was the first time we did it and Sienna was cold and upset, so our dog got right down onto the floor next to her to soothe and protect her! Aww Jack :)
Enjoying a nap on Mommy's chest--these are the moments that I remember most and that make me want more babies!
A very cool shot by my friend Keri--we were trying to calm Sienna down. So much love and concern is in our expressions!
One month old and looking plumply perfect!
I go back and forth all the time on whether I want more children. I've had such a hard time getting the baby weight off and I worry that if I have any more babies I'll be as big as a blimp. But then I look at these precious photos and think that my vanity shouldn't matter and I should make more beautiful children!
I was able to cherish the first few weeks with Sienna a bit more than those with Jaden because I did not even feel like I'd had a baby (I felt that incredible, I swear!), I did not pressure myself about breastfeeding, and I knew from the first go-around that the tiny newborn days go by so fast and should be treasured so much. Enjoy the photos--some of my favorites!
Sienna grasping my finger
Holding onto Daddy's wedding ring
Tiny toes...so perfect!
Where Sienna (and Jaden, and ME for that matter!) slept as infants...my Grandpa Coupland built this gorgeous cradle for me when I was born and it is the perfect place for a newborn to rest. It is also such a special heirloom and I hope that each of my grandchildren also get to use it!
This was so cute...Sienna had a terrible diaper rash when she came home from the hospital, so we would take off her diaper and let her lie on this soft mat on the floor to let the air help the rash to heal. Well this was the first time we did it and Sienna was cold and upset, so our dog got right down onto the floor next to her to soothe and protect her! Aww Jack :)
Enjoying a nap on Mommy's chest--these are the moments that I remember most and that make me want more babies! 
Rocking Sienna to sleep
A very cool shot by my friend Keri--we were trying to calm Sienna down. So much love and concern is in our expressions!
One month old and looking plumply perfect! 

Comments
My dad made a cradle for me when I was born... all the kids in the family have slept in it, including my daughter. It's become a family heirloom as well!