Show Us Your Life--Wedding Dress

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner hosts a weekly "Show us your life" that I sometimes participate in. I decided to participate tonight in showing my wedding gown since I had some requests to see the gown I wore for mine and Scott's vow renewal which was held on July 1, 2006. I showed my original wedding gown here and invite you to look back at it!

The gown I wore for renewing our vows was gorgeous and I knew it was "the one" the moment I tried it on. I was shopping for my dress when my daughter was only 3 months old so needless to say, I was nervous about my new "mama" body shape looking slim in a gown. This gown was perfect for me because it showed off my waistline and I also loved the train, especially how it looked when it was bustled!

As soon as I got into my dress, I ran outside for something and brushed up against a dirty car!! Agghh! I couldn't believe I got a mark on my dress before anyone really got to see it! Thank goodness for baby wipes which helped to get the mark off! Here my mom and my bridesmaid and close friend Meredith are scrubbing off the mark.

While they scrubbed, I might as well stand there and look pretty, right? This photo really shows off the beading. I loved that it was simple, but still had a design to it!

This will forever be my favorite photo of my dress because my waist looks so slim here! Look at the gorgeous detail!

The back..we didn't really get good photos of it, but the train was gorgeous because that was where most of the beading and detail was! Someday I'm going to unpack my dress from the box that it's in just to look at that train again!

I darkened this photo to show some of the detail. My dress bustled still showed off the design which I loved, loved, loved!

Another shot of the back as we walked down the aisle after our ceremony to greet everyone. I didn't have my train down for very long so I cherish the few photos of it!
Head on over to Kelly's Korner now and check out everyone else's dresses!





Comments

Aimee' said…
Hey! Just popping over from Kelly's blog...your dress is beautiful! Both of them were! ;)
Tara G. said…
You look stunning! And so very happy!
Your dress was gorgeous. Beautiful bride...Love all the pictures.

I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.
Erin said…
Your dress is gorgeous!!!

Popular Posts