7 Things
For the past few weeks I've been participating in Brent Riggs & MckMama's bloghop on Tuesdays and I've been neglecting my own usual Tuesday Tradition...
Soooo...
It's baaaaack! Time for your "7 things"--
In case you're new here, I've decided that as a way for some of us to get to know eachother better, each Tuesday I'm going to post something under the theme of "7 things." I'll pick a category each week and list my own 7 things, and I invite you all to leave a comment with your own 7 things (or a link to your own blog where you list your 7 things!).
Today's category: 7 websites you LOVE BEST not including blogs:
7. My bank's website! For privacy purposes, I don't think I want to share which bank it is, but even if I did, you aren't getting your hands on our money! ha! When I first had my own bank account and ATM card, my dad taught me how to keep a checkbook balanced using the statements I'd receive in the mail and how to call into our bank to use the touchtone bank line to hear my last five transactions. WOW how far we've come since that day, only 11 years ago! Now I can balance my check book daily, pay all of my bills online, and transfer funds from our main account to my grocery account at the touch of a button. I LOVE online banking!!
6. http://www.youtube.com/ ENTERTAINMENT at your fingertips! My girls have gotten to watch one of my childhood favorite movies via youtube (Wee Sing Together!) and I just shared THIS idea with my sister for her wedding next August. I also thank youtube for my ability to be touched by this and this. Thanks to youtube, I can laugh or cry any day, any time (so long as I have a computer around!).
5. http://www.etsy.com/ I have been finding so many adorable things for such cheap prices on etsy! My latest favorite are the pillow dresses available from Diamonds & Dumptrucks. Her etsy site is temporarily closed right now since she's on vacation, but I'll be sure to share her site with you later once it's back open. And you just may see my adorable girls sporting her dresses sometime soon!
4. http://www.amazon.com/ Where else can you buy almost anything, save with their "super saver" option, and have awesome books and products recommended to you based upon previous purchases? Ok well maybe there are other sites that do this, but amazon is just so darn convenient for me! I've purchased everything from baby gifts to jewelry boxes to about 100 books on there...including gently used text books back in the college days! And I'm hoping that the amazon Kindle will catch on so that one day my children don't have to carry excruciatingly heavy backpacks and can carry their text books electronically instead!
3. http://www.facebook.com/ Duh! Where else could I post a comment about my bad days and get 10 or more comments back with advice and encouragement! Plus, I can see what's up in all of my high school and college friends lives, see everyones most recent photos and keep in touch with many more friends than I ever could without facebook. Some would call me an addict...but I find it incredibly useful, so I guess if I'm addicted to something useful, that's okay! ha!
2. http://www.weather.com/ I plan my life around the weather each morning and love how weather.com shows hour by hour forecasts, 10-day forecasts and radar, particularly useful during storms when my girls are wondering when it will be over! I've been known to see that rain is coming at 2pm on weather.com, so then rush to the pool and leave at 1:59pm! Weather.com helps me to live on the edge...hehe!
1. http://www.google.com/ I couldn't live without google! And to think that a mere 8 years ago, when a friend introduced me to google, I completely blew it off! ha! I don't use a single other search engine anymore and I don't think I ever will. Not to mention, google is now responsible / linked to gmail, it's own calendar system (which is fabulous!), picasa, blogger, and much, much more! I oogle for GOOGLE!
Soooo...
It's baaaaack! Time for your "7 things"--
In case you're new here, I've decided that as a way for some of us to get to know eachother better, each Tuesday I'm going to post something under the theme of "7 things." I'll pick a category each week and list my own 7 things, and I invite you all to leave a comment with your own 7 things (or a link to your own blog where you list your 7 things!).
Today's category: 7 websites you LOVE BEST not including blogs:
7. My bank's website! For privacy purposes, I don't think I want to share which bank it is, but even if I did, you aren't getting your hands on our money! ha! When I first had my own bank account and ATM card, my dad taught me how to keep a checkbook balanced using the statements I'd receive in the mail and how to call into our bank to use the touchtone bank line to hear my last five transactions. WOW how far we've come since that day, only 11 years ago! Now I can balance my check book daily, pay all of my bills online, and transfer funds from our main account to my grocery account at the touch of a button. I LOVE online banking!!
6. http://www.youtube.com/ ENTERTAINMENT at your fingertips! My girls have gotten to watch one of my childhood favorite movies via youtube (Wee Sing Together!) and I just shared THIS idea with my sister for her wedding next August. I also thank youtube for my ability to be touched by this and this. Thanks to youtube, I can laugh or cry any day, any time (so long as I have a computer around!).
5. http://www.etsy.com/ I have been finding so many adorable things for such cheap prices on etsy! My latest favorite are the pillow dresses available from Diamonds & Dumptrucks. Her etsy site is temporarily closed right now since she's on vacation, but I'll be sure to share her site with you later once it's back open. And you just may see my adorable girls sporting her dresses sometime soon!
4. http://www.amazon.com/ Where else can you buy almost anything, save with their "super saver" option, and have awesome books and products recommended to you based upon previous purchases? Ok well maybe there are other sites that do this, but amazon is just so darn convenient for me! I've purchased everything from baby gifts to jewelry boxes to about 100 books on there...including gently used text books back in the college days! And I'm hoping that the amazon Kindle will catch on so that one day my children don't have to carry excruciatingly heavy backpacks and can carry their text books electronically instead!
3. http://www.facebook.com/ Duh! Where else could I post a comment about my bad days and get 10 or more comments back with advice and encouragement! Plus, I can see what's up in all of my high school and college friends lives, see everyones most recent photos and keep in touch with many more friends than I ever could without facebook. Some would call me an addict...but I find it incredibly useful, so I guess if I'm addicted to something useful, that's okay! ha!
2. http://www.weather.com/ I plan my life around the weather each morning and love how weather.com shows hour by hour forecasts, 10-day forecasts and radar, particularly useful during storms when my girls are wondering when it will be over! I've been known to see that rain is coming at 2pm on weather.com, so then rush to the pool and leave at 1:59pm! Weather.com helps me to live on the edge...hehe!
1. http://www.google.com/ I couldn't live without google! And to think that a mere 8 years ago, when a friend introduced me to google, I completely blew it off! ha! I don't use a single other search engine anymore and I don't think I ever will. Not to mention, google is now responsible / linked to gmail, it's own calendar system (which is fabulous!), picasa, blogger, and much, much more! I oogle for GOOGLE!


Comments