Blog Hop: 3 Things You Didn't Know About Me!

Think you know all about me? Well here are three things that I bet you didn't know!

1. I was supposed to go to the University of Michigan for my undergrad, but chickened out and ended up at Ohio University instead. Because of the last-minute switch, I had to live on a SMOKING floor of a dorm (yep, they had those in the year 2000!) with a roommate whose name was Ellen, but who spelled it LN because she didn't want to be affiliated in any way with Ellen DeGeneres...what an experience THAT was!

2. My first car was a 1988 or 1989 White Mercury Sable. It was 11 or 12 years old when my dad bought it for me, but was in great shape and had low mileage. Less than 6 months later it was sold and my mom helped me to get a brand new 1999 Saturn SL2 because my dad had passed away. So my senior year of high school and throughout college I was known as a bit spoiled for having a brand new car at 16 years old, but really I'd started off with an old "junkier" one!

3. I feel a special calling to help moms connect after living through a difficult first year as a mom. I didn't know any other young moms, specifically zero young moms in my area, and I struggled very much through this time. Now, I know more moms of young children than I can count, have an amazing network of friends who have children, and I spent much of my free time working on the leadership team of a group called Moms Need Moms and on the board for another group called Nordonia Hills Preschool Parents. This year I was elected president of NHPP and will serve in that position for the 2009-2010 school year! When my time leading these two groups ends, I will most certainly look for other ways to get involved with moms, and I plan to work with connecting moms to one another lifelong!

***Replace this line with your content. This week, on TUESDAY, 7/14/09, the theme is THREE THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME (or US). You can express this with photos, writing or a combination. Here is a sample I did: http://www.mcklinkyblog.com/2009/07/mcklinky-photo-blog-for-july-14-2009-3.html ... Do not change any part of this code except for text that falls between (and includes) the opening and closing asterisks. Betweent the asterisks is where you place your content. DO NOT CREATE NEW MCKLINKY LIST. WE ALL USE THE SAME LIST. DO NOT CHANGE THE LIST ID BELOW. Be sure to enter your own link to your own blog post as soon as the blog hop starts! Link directly to your blog post, not just your blog.***

MckLinky Blog Hop

Comments

Anonymous said…
That was so fun! I loved reading all that.
I added to my NMM post about what I did after realizing my swimsuit was at home...
Loved your post...Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading your blog. I love reading about new blog friends....


http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts