Blog Hop: Favorite Recipe

This has been the most requested theme, so I hope we have a record turnout. Please put up a post with your favorite recipe, or if you don't have the recipe, a photo of your favorite dish and a description. Here's a sample post I did for you: http://www.mcklinkyblog.com/2009/07/mcklinky-blog-hop-for-july-21-2009.html Also, be sure to submit your recipe here too: http://www.mcklinky.com/recipes.asp! I WILL CREATE A MckLinky RECIPE BOOK, AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO ALL BLOG HOPPERS FOR FREE! ...STOP
MckLinky Blog Hop

In honor of today's Blog Hop, I'm re-publishing two of my favorite and most requested recipes which I love to have at parties and get-togethers!!

Hummus (inspired by my mother-in-law Jan!)

2 cups drained, cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed sauce)
1 onion, diced
2 umeboshi plums
1 Tbs. chopped scallions
1/3 cup sauerkraut juice from a can or spring water

Grind the cooked chickpeas in a sruibachi, blender or food processor (food processor works best!)

Add the rest of the ingredients listed above except for scallions and mix well

Remove from suribachi / blender / processor and stir in the scallions by hand

Serve with pita bread, sourdough bread pieces, crackers or raw veggies

**You could add one or two cloves of garlic, or other spices to taste, but this is really just perfect as is!

Homemade Pizza (inspired by Kevin, our friend)

CRUST:

2 Tsp yeast
300 mL warm water
1 L plain flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

Mix first two ingredients in a small bowl

In a separate bowl, mix remaining three ingredients

Mix 2 bowls together and knead into ball shape

Cover the dough with a towel and place in dry place to rise for 2 1/2 to 3 hours

TOPPINGS & BAKING:

Once the dough has risen and is ready to work with, roll out your crust to desired thickness. We like really thin crust which then only takes 5-7 minutes to bake.

Add your preferred sauce--olive oil sauce, red sauce, white sauce

Add cheese and meat / veggies--anything that sounds appetizing to you!

Bake for 5-7 minutes for thin crust, 7-9 minutes for medium, 9-11 minutes for thick crust in an oven at 400

This is a great meal to have with friends because you can talk while making your pizzas and then everyone can try eachothers creations :)

Comments

Blessed2Serve said…
I love hummus and I LOVE umeboshi... but I've never heard of umeboshi or sauerkraut juice in hummus. Will definitely be trying this!

Popular Posts