What else have we been up to?
So what have we been up to lately? I mean, when we don't have time for blogging we sometimes are too busy falling asleep with Chick-Fil-A nuggets in our mouths...
I couldn't help but snap a photo when I saw little Sienna had fallen asleep with that nugget stuffed in her mouth!! Talk about a big morning that really tired her out!
We've also been busy enjoying Jaden & Sienna's new "swingset." You see, our backyard has an arc-shaped slope and cannot accomodate a real swingset, so until we move we thought we'd hang their swings below our deck and let them enjoy swinging for the rest of the summer! Please excuse the weedwacking that needs done and the broken baby doll buggy and feast your eyes on the pure bliss that is Jaden & Sienna's afternoon fun...

When we're not outside enjoying the sunshine, Jaden has gone to a couple of different camps, two being Vacation Bible Camp at Hudson Community Chapel and Dora Camp at a nearby private day school where one of my good friends and college roommate is a teacher.
I mentioned the VBC before and promised to post about it, so here I am fulfilling my promise! Jaden often doesn't like to go to new places and be left there, but she felt so comfortable and at home at VBC. Each day Bible Camp started out with the kids playing with play-doh or containers of sand during drop-off, and then the daily 3 hours continued with crafts, playing outside, bouncing on jumpy houses, and Jaden's favorite part of all: singing songs in the "fish tank" which was an amazing room set up to look like a fish tank where the kids would sing songs and do motions to the songs. Jaden loved the fish tank so much that my friend who attends the church gave us a link to an internet site where she can listen to the songs over and over again. Needless to say, we've almost got the songs and motions memorized--even little Sienna!
Here are some of the amazing pieces of art that Jaden brought home with her from VBC...

The heart that she made is my favorite because when I first asked what it meant, she showed me the red side with a smile and said "this side means happy" and then she turned it over explaining that the other side, a black side w/ a frown "means mad." Later, when we talked about this heart again, she said, "love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your strength." I was floored...I couldn't believe that she was quoting a Bible verse to me! It's Luke 10:27 by the way :)

I always knew that Jaden had a great memory (she's memorized all of the birth dates in our family and our phone number on our stroller walks recently!), but I didn't realize she could start memorizing things like that verse!!
At Dora Camp, Jaden got to do things like make a gazillion crafts, read stories, play on the school's playground, play with water balloons, go to the zoo and have a fiesta on the last day. She enjoyed it so much and I'm hoping that they offer it again next year so that she can go again. I loved her going too because each day I had a little quiet lunch all by myself and got to read, catch up my girls' journals (where I write down special events and stories about them individually), and just enjoy peace and quiet. Sienna and Piper were at home napping while our babysitter kept watch, but she almost never saw them because they slept the whole time!
One of my favorite things that Jaden made at camp was this hat on the first day:

Don't you just want to snatch her up and squeeze her so tight? She looked so adorable each day for camp and just loved wearing that hat!

Here are a couple of photos that I got from the camp website. Jaden was making a door hanger (above) and waiting outside for the parents to pick up (below).

Jaden's in the back and you can barely see her. I don't feel bad putting this photo on here with the other children because it was on the camp website which anyone could access, but I usually would ask before I post photos of Jaden's friends! You never know who might get upset :)
Anyway, I digress... On the last day of Dora camp for the fiesta the kids could choose to dress up in festive costumes, etc. so we hit the party store for a kid-sized sombrero and a floral lei! Sienna had to get a hat too and you know I couldn't resist spending the $2 on each to see these two hat-topped chicas!

Jaden donned her sombrero for camp and Sienna has been putting hers to use wearing it around the house a lot. I love that my girls love to dress up!
When not going to camp, swim lessons, or having playdates, we've just been hanging out, going to Geauga Lake and playing at the park. This week we had a couple of rainy days so my two sisters and I took the kids to the mall by my sister's house to play. An indoor playground and e-quarium at that mall provide plenty of indoor entertainment for my girls!
Sienna wore her hair in pigtails for the first time that day and I just about drooled over her sweetness every time I looked at her all day long!
The girls pretended to drive motorcycles...
ran down a waterfall slide...
slid down a treehouse slide...
and pretended to drive a car together. They had so much time and it really wore them out playing there! And all the while they were as cute as can be :)
I couldn't help but snap a photo when I saw little Sienna had fallen asleep with that nugget stuffed in her mouth!! Talk about a big morning that really tired her out!We've also been busy enjoying Jaden & Sienna's new "swingset." You see, our backyard has an arc-shaped slope and cannot accomodate a real swingset, so until we move we thought we'd hang their swings below our deck and let them enjoy swinging for the rest of the summer! Please excuse the weedwacking that needs done and the broken baby doll buggy and feast your eyes on the pure bliss that is Jaden & Sienna's afternoon fun...

When we're not outside enjoying the sunshine, Jaden has gone to a couple of different camps, two being Vacation Bible Camp at Hudson Community Chapel and Dora Camp at a nearby private day school where one of my good friends and college roommate is a teacher.
I mentioned the VBC before and promised to post about it, so here I am fulfilling my promise! Jaden often doesn't like to go to new places and be left there, but she felt so comfortable and at home at VBC. Each day Bible Camp started out with the kids playing with play-doh or containers of sand during drop-off, and then the daily 3 hours continued with crafts, playing outside, bouncing on jumpy houses, and Jaden's favorite part of all: singing songs in the "fish tank" which was an amazing room set up to look like a fish tank where the kids would sing songs and do motions to the songs. Jaden loved the fish tank so much that my friend who attends the church gave us a link to an internet site where she can listen to the songs over and over again. Needless to say, we've almost got the songs and motions memorized--even little Sienna!
Here are some of the amazing pieces of art that Jaden brought home with her from VBC...

The heart that she made is my favorite because when I first asked what it meant, she showed me the red side with a smile and said "this side means happy" and then she turned it over explaining that the other side, a black side w/ a frown "means mad." Later, when we talked about this heart again, she said, "love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your strength." I was floored...I couldn't believe that she was quoting a Bible verse to me! It's Luke 10:27 by the way :)

I always knew that Jaden had a great memory (she's memorized all of the birth dates in our family and our phone number on our stroller walks recently!), but I didn't realize she could start memorizing things like that verse!!
At Dora Camp, Jaden got to do things like make a gazillion crafts, read stories, play on the school's playground, play with water balloons, go to the zoo and have a fiesta on the last day. She enjoyed it so much and I'm hoping that they offer it again next year so that she can go again. I loved her going too because each day I had a little quiet lunch all by myself and got to read, catch up my girls' journals (where I write down special events and stories about them individually), and just enjoy peace and quiet. Sienna and Piper were at home napping while our babysitter kept watch, but she almost never saw them because they slept the whole time!
One of my favorite things that Jaden made at camp was this hat on the first day:

Don't you just want to snatch her up and squeeze her so tight? She looked so adorable each day for camp and just loved wearing that hat!

Here are a couple of photos that I got from the camp website. Jaden was making a door hanger (above) and waiting outside for the parents to pick up (below).

Jaden's in the back and you can barely see her. I don't feel bad putting this photo on here with the other children because it was on the camp website which anyone could access, but I usually would ask before I post photos of Jaden's friends! You never know who might get upset :)
Anyway, I digress... On the last day of Dora camp for the fiesta the kids could choose to dress up in festive costumes, etc. so we hit the party store for a kid-sized sombrero and a floral lei! Sienna had to get a hat too and you know I couldn't resist spending the $2 on each to see these two hat-topped chicas!

Jaden donned her sombrero for camp and Sienna has been putting hers to use wearing it around the house a lot. I love that my girls love to dress up!
When not going to camp, swim lessons, or having playdates, we've just been hanging out, going to Geauga Lake and playing at the park. This week we had a couple of rainy days so my two sisters and I took the kids to the mall by my sister's house to play. An indoor playground and e-quarium at that mall provide plenty of indoor entertainment for my girls!
Sienna wore her hair in pigtails for the first time that day and I just about drooled over her sweetness every time I looked at her all day long!
The girls pretended to drive motorcycles...
ran down a waterfall slide...
slid down a treehouse slide...
and pretended to drive a car together. They had so much time and it really wore them out playing there! And all the while they were as cute as can be :)Yesterday we had a busy day. We had a baby shower and a picnic to go to, so we got all dolled up early and Jaden accompanied me to the shower.
The shower was for a good friend of ours, Shannon, who is expecting her and her hubby's first baby in early September. They aren't finding out what they're having which makes it all the more fun! I'm guessing a girl, but I'm not 100% sure.
It was so fun watching Shannon open gifts. I love watching new moms open baby gifts because I like to see what's new on the market for babies! Shannon received several beautiful hand-made blankets, as well as some much-needed gear (stroller...carseat...exersaucer!) and some of her baby bedding.
We got her two cloth-covered boxes from the registry that match the bedding (the bedding & accessories are from Restoration Hardware which now has a baby line--how exciting!!). I filled the large boxes with what I called "my favorite things" and attached a hand-made tag to each item explaining why I recommend it for babies and how I've put each item to use in raising my girls. Shannon read aloud every single tag and enjoyed the personal touch. I don't know who had more fun though...me buying the stuff or her receiving!
She also received many books, so their child will be reading in no time! Before we left the shower, we took this photo of myself, Shannon and our friend Pam. Pam and her hubby are trying to have a baby as well. It's so fun to see all of our friends trying, getting pregnant and becoming parents!
After the shower we relaxed at home for about an hour and then went to a picnic. We had fun there, but the real fun started once we got home and were starting to get ready for bed. Jaden and Sienna were in such good moods and so lovey-dovey. I of course couldn't resist a few photos! Here they are hugging...
And kissing...
And just screaming "CHEESE!"
We ended our wonderful evening getting into PJs (them I mean, not me!) and cudding on Jaden's bed for a bedtime story. They love to read, as do I, so bedtime stories are a must around here!
So as you can see, we've been up to many fun things. This weekend was a blast and this coming week will be too. Next weekend Scott and I get to go away with some friends so I'm looking forward to that! I'll be posting all week and will definitely tell you all about our weekend away next week. In the meantime, enjoy little Sienna without a chicken nugget stuffed in her mouth!
The shower was for a good friend of ours, Shannon, who is expecting her and her hubby's first baby in early September. They aren't finding out what they're having which makes it all the more fun! I'm guessing a girl, but I'm not 100% sure.
It was so fun watching Shannon open gifts. I love watching new moms open baby gifts because I like to see what's new on the market for babies! Shannon received several beautiful hand-made blankets, as well as some much-needed gear (stroller...carseat...exersaucer!) and some of her baby bedding.
We got her two cloth-covered boxes from the registry that match the bedding (the bedding & accessories are from Restoration Hardware which now has a baby line--how exciting!!). I filled the large boxes with what I called "my favorite things" and attached a hand-made tag to each item explaining why I recommend it for babies and how I've put each item to use in raising my girls. Shannon read aloud every single tag and enjoyed the personal touch. I don't know who had more fun though...me buying the stuff or her receiving!
She also received many books, so their child will be reading in no time! Before we left the shower, we took this photo of myself, Shannon and our friend Pam. Pam and her hubby are trying to have a baby as well. It's so fun to see all of our friends trying, getting pregnant and becoming parents!
After the shower we relaxed at home for about an hour and then went to a picnic. We had fun there, but the real fun started once we got home and were starting to get ready for bed. Jaden and Sienna were in such good moods and so lovey-dovey. I of course couldn't resist a few photos! Here they are hugging...
And kissing...
And just screaming "CHEESE!"
We ended our wonderful evening getting into PJs (them I mean, not me!) and cudding on Jaden's bed for a bedtime story. They love to read, as do I, so bedtime stories are a must around here!
So as you can see, we've been up to many fun things. This weekend was a blast and this coming week will be too. Next weekend Scott and I get to go away with some friends so I'm looking forward to that! I'll be posting all week and will definitely tell you all about our weekend away next week. In the meantime, enjoy little Sienna without a chicken nugget stuffed in her mouth!


Comments
I loved this post simply because of all of the pictures. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! Seeing the two of them together makes me want to go ahead and get pregnant with another one so that Reagan can finally have a sibling. (I'm hoping for another girl next so she can have a sister... then we'll go for a boy later!)
No, I'm not pregnant... just starting to think about it A LOT!
Thanks for the advice about the swimmies and the deep end of the pool. I tried working with Reagan a bit more on swimming without them, but she still goes under quite a bit. I'm considering buying one of those bathing suit floatie things to see how she does with that. I want her to be able to use her arms more... right now she just kick kick kicks up a storm!