Mommy time :)

Last Monday evening, I dropped Jaden off for her first day at Vacation Bible Camp (Monday was an evening session, followed by 4 morning sessions the rest of the week) and I enjoyed two hours of me-time. Ironically, I chose to spend my two hours at a Panera Bread where I used to go to use wi-fi internet when I was single and living in my own apartment. Back then as a single gal (I was dating Scott, but I mean single by not yet married!), I felt self-conscious, stupid and lonely being there by myself, but last Monday I felt anything BUT those things! As I noshed on a delicious salad and sipped a diet soda I could not help but reflect on how I've come full circle from how I felt then to how I feel now. I cherished every last second sitting there in a tiny booth last Monday reading a book (I'm currently reading Belong to Me since some of you have asked!), journaling a little in Jaden's journal (more to come about that later!) and just allowing my own thoughts to wander in the quiet restaurant. By the time I picked up Jaden later that evening, I felt so relaxed, so rejuvenated and ready to be full-time Mommy and wife once again!

So why do I share this with you? Because I just want to encourage all you moms out there to take some time out for yourselves as often as you can and / or need to. I think that as moms we often take on way too much, pack our schedules until we're crazy from the business, and try to do all we can to give our children the "perfect" childhood. One thing we forget is that we cannot give them the childhood we desire for them if we are exhausted emotionally and physically. Therefore I challenge you to take some time out for yourself. And let me know how it goes! :)

Tonight I am enjoying some more mommy-time as my hubby is out visiting his friend and my kids have gone to bed after a super bubbly bath and reading some library books. I just went through some photos from over the weekend and thought I'd share a couple with you:

Scott and I out on Saturday

Jaden & Scott on their way to the Put-In-Bay Pirate Festival on Sunday for Kids' Day

Jaden showing off her suckers she got in the Pirate Parade!

Scott and Pirate Jaden on the canon on the green in Put-In-Bay

On Sunday Scott and Jaden spent some special time together going to Put-In-Bay for the Pirate Festival as you see in the photos. They rode on a ferry to the island and saw a Pirate Parade, a Pirate show and a Pirate ship. They also played in the park and Jaden collected pirate items including a bracelet, pencil, ring and candy. Jaden wore her pirate costume that we got for her pirate-themed 3rd birthday party and although Scott was a bit weary about having to take the dressed-up child out in public, it paid off when he got a gazillion compliments and even a few families asking to take Jaden's photo! Can I get a collective "awwww" for my adorable hubby doing his day out with his daughter? He is such a super daddy!

Well, time to get back to my me-time! Scott will be home soon and I have a few more things that I want to do before he gets here :)

Comments

Erin said…
Thanks for the encouragement about Mommy time ... I think it's easy to forget to take care of yourself sometimes, but it's necessary!
I whole-heartedly agree! It's so nice to be able to take some time for ourselves... even if it is to just sit in the quiet while being alone! That in itself can be a small vacation when you are used to having a crazy wild child three year old climbing all over you ever waking minute of the day! That's me at least!
Erin said…
Hey Bethany - I nominated you for an Honest Scrap award. Play along if you wan, but don't feel obligated. Check out my site for the details!
Jillian said…
I am only three weeks into this and I already want a day to myself! I need her to be just a little older before I leave her home with daddy! I need to make sure I pump every day so I can do that!!

Popular Posts