It's My Birthday...
...And I'll do what I want to!
Haha! Just kidding, but today I am celebrating my birthday. My sister and nephews came over and we all went swimming at our neighborhood pool. I'm hoping that the rest of my day gets better because our trip to the pool was not 100% great. Don't get me wrong, the kids had a blast, my mother-in-law met us there and it was fabulous having her extra set of hands to help with the kids, and it was nice to just be out in the sunshine all together with family. BUT...the lifeguard who was on duty when we first got there kept yelling at me!! She yelled at me for letting my almost 4-year-old get into the 2-ft. area while I looked on from a few feet away getting Sienna and Piper all changed and covered in sunscreen. Then she yelled at me AGAIN almost immediately for changing my BABIES outside and not in the bathroom! I was astonished because I've been changing babies by that pool for 3 years now and have never been told anything about where I can and cannot change a baby. And furthermore, the pool bathrooms are inside and UPSTAIRS and there is no elevator, so I have yet to figure out how to get the kids and my double stroller all up the steps in one piece. So anyway, I'm hoping that my day goes better from here on out! But I tell this story because I want to know your opinions on this situation. What would YOU have done? What would you do in the future? I worry about putting the kids in swim diapers before we leave the house because we often are going swimming right after Jaden's swim lessons so they could go potty in the swim diapers (which are not at all absorbant!) during the lessons while we wait on the pool deck. So should we just not go there? Should our neighborhood pool have more accessible bathrooms? Should I figure out how to pull two kids who cannot go up steps at all, plus all of our gear along with my 3-year-old up to the bathrooms upstairs?? I also want to know what your pools' bathrooms are like and what kinds of rules your pools have regarding changing babies outside on their towels. I hope that we can get past this and enjoy our neighborhood pool because it sure is nice having it close!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Haha! Just kidding, but today I am celebrating my birthday. My sister and nephews came over and we all went swimming at our neighborhood pool. I'm hoping that the rest of my day gets better because our trip to the pool was not 100% great. Don't get me wrong, the kids had a blast, my mother-in-law met us there and it was fabulous having her extra set of hands to help with the kids, and it was nice to just be out in the sunshine all together with family. BUT...the lifeguard who was on duty when we first got there kept yelling at me!! She yelled at me for letting my almost 4-year-old get into the 2-ft. area while I looked on from a few feet away getting Sienna and Piper all changed and covered in sunscreen. Then she yelled at me AGAIN almost immediately for changing my BABIES outside and not in the bathroom! I was astonished because I've been changing babies by that pool for 3 years now and have never been told anything about where I can and cannot change a baby. And furthermore, the pool bathrooms are inside and UPSTAIRS and there is no elevator, so I have yet to figure out how to get the kids and my double stroller all up the steps in one piece. So anyway, I'm hoping that my day goes better from here on out! But I tell this story because I want to know your opinions on this situation. What would YOU have done? What would you do in the future? I worry about putting the kids in swim diapers before we leave the house because we often are going swimming right after Jaden's swim lessons so they could go potty in the swim diapers (which are not at all absorbant!) during the lessons while we wait on the pool deck. So should we just not go there? Should our neighborhood pool have more accessible bathrooms? Should I figure out how to pull two kids who cannot go up steps at all, plus all of our gear along with my 3-year-old up to the bathrooms upstairs?? I also want to know what your pools' bathrooms are like and what kinds of rules your pools have regarding changing babies outside on their towels. I hope that we can get past this and enjoy our neighborhood pool because it sure is nice having it close!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Comments