What a WEEK!

Wow, this week got away from me in a big hurry!  On Wednesday I wanted to post SO BAD because we had a big day from start to finish, but I literally couldn't stay up one extra second to upload photos and write.

Wednesday morning, we woke up to this:



It was our first official snowfall.  While it didn't completely cover anything, and it melted away by noon, it was beautiful while it lasted.  Yes, that was me, snow hater, calling the white stuff beautiful.  If it came in small doses and didn't interfere with my driving around, I wouldn't mind it at all!

We'd spent Tuesday night putting the Christmas tree up, though we were waiting for Wednesday night to decorate it.  Our tree is pre-lit and Wednesday morning Bristol couldn't get enough of the lights:


I thought it was the perfect opportunity to capture a photo of my girls by the tree.  Jaden and Sienna were wearing Christmas jammies from last year and Bristol fits into a hand-me-down pair from Sienna so they were all looking festive!






Getting all three girls to look at me and smile simultaneously is quite a comical feat, though as you can see I was able to make it happen that morning!

Here's one more of Bristol smiling because she's just in love with all those lights...


As soon as our little photo op was done we all got showered and dressed and then headed out.  We had a big day of shopping on the agenda!  We went to the mall and admired the gorgeous decorations...


In between grabbing something small for Scott's birthday and eating lunch at Panera, Jaden and Sienna posed in this holiday scene:


They were very good so I surprised them with a ride on the train.  Best $4 spent that day for sure!  They were THRILLED :)



That day I also took the girls to Costco--it was all of our first time there and as I posted on facebook that night, I loved it so much I might want to live there.  Ha!  I was able to score 90% of the items needed to make THIRTY meals (each to serve 4-5) for only $210.  Um, need I say more?  More on the thirty meals later :)

Once we got home all of the girls rested while I unloaded our goods and put things away.  I needed everyone to rest up and get ready for a big night of Christmas tree decorating! 

Jaden and Sienna had chosen some decorations for a tree in their bedroom, so they decorated that one first:




I think it turned out really cute!


Then it was on to the big family room tree.  It was fun to see their excitement as we unwrapped each ornament for them to hang.  Kudos to my mom, who wrapped up and packed every ornament last year, since only 1 was damaged in our move--woohoo!




Scott topped the tree with our star and voila!  It was beautiful:


Meanwhile, Bristol played with decorations and paper the whole time.  She was so cute.




Then I showed her the tree up close with all of the ornaments.  I think the lights are still her favorite part :)


Everyone went to bed that night filled with Christmas joy.  Our house was officially on it's way to being completely decorated for the holiday!

Yesterday morning Jaden and Sienna woke up to a big surprise....Jack, our Elf has officially arrived!  He brought with him two of our holiday books which our girls opened right away.


It was a little early to get them smiling for a photo, but I wanted to capture this moment when Jack first arrived for his 2011 "duties."


All three girls had the cutest holiday shirts on yesterday with their black skirts and little red and green striped tights, which I found at a post-halloween clearance at Gymboree outlet.  They went with a strawberry costume, but in my opinion, they are so much better with a Christmas outfit!!


Let the holiday traditions BEGIN!  We are all feeling especially festive now that it's December and our house is Christma-fied!  I finished up decorating the interior yesterday and hope to add some touches to the exterior tomorrow.  Our girls, especially Jaden and Sienna, are THRILLED about Christmas and it really makes all of us extra cheerful right now. 

Have a great evening everyone!  More to come soon :)

Comments

Tracy said…
beautiful family, beautiful decorations! merry xmas!
Jessica said…
Adorable pictures of your girls! I love Costco too! I want to know how you plan on getting 30 meals for $210! Do tell!!!
Life Happens said…
Beautiful pictures!! I love the girls in their PJ's.

Popular Posts