Happy Birthday Scott!

Yesterday was Scott's birthday.  Poor guy had to work (I say it that way because I have never worked or gone to school on my birthday--lucky girl!), but we spent Sunday and last evening celebrating him and the start of his 34th year.

On Sunday, Scott and I went out to lunch at Melt and then headed downtown to the Browns game.  A big thank you to my cousin for driving up to babysit so that we could go, to my mother-in-law for taking Jaden and Sienna to a birthday party for us mid-afternoon and to our friends who gave us their parking pass so that we could park near the stadium :)


It rained the ENTIRE time we were there, but we did our best to stay warm and {somewhat} dry...


Even if you aren't a Browns fan and don't follow them at all, I probably don't have to tell you the outcome of the game...  :(


We only stayed about halfway through the third quarter and then we'd had enough of the cold and rain.  I was perfectly dressed on top, though the thin jeans I wore on bottom were a big mistake.  As was the last-minute decision to take just my thin gloves instead of my ski mittens!


Oh well, we survived and Scott knows that the only reason I went to that game was because I love him!

Last night Scott got home from work around 5 and we had to wake up all three girls who had fallen asleep after a very busy morning and afternoon together.  Each of us gave Scott something small for his birthday; his main gift had been his new phone which he got about a month ago.

See the little grin on his face?  That's because my gift to Scott was telling him he has the green light to take a "boys trip" to Colorado this winter. 


Jaden picked out a new Browns t-shirt for her daddy since most of his are shrinking or getting worn out.  It was 100% Jaden's idea; I love when the girls have great ideas of their own!


Bristol got her daddy a framed photo of herself for his office.  He didn't have a picture of her yet on his desk, so now he does :)


All three girls signed a card for their Daddy that had three cupcakes on it--perfect card from his three little cupcakes!


And finally, Sienna chose a shirt for her Dad.  Here is is explaining that she picked a shirt with a pocket for him to put his "stuff" into.  She specifically mentioned his new phone could go in there.  The most precious thing about her explaining the pocket is that about a year ago she discovered that many of her outfits have pockets and for the past year she's enjoyed putting little treasures into her pockets to take wherever she goes.  Now she plans for her Daddy to do the same with his new shirt.


Bristol had more fun than her Daddy did with all of the tissue paper.  Oooooooh I can't wait for Christmas because this baby is going to have so much fun with all of the wrapping paper!


This is the look I got when I had to take the paper away and get everyone ready for dinner:


We all had dinner at a nearby cafe that specializes in bbq ribs--Scott's favorite treat.  Then we came home, got the girls bathed and sang Happy Birthday.  Scott blew out candles on a German Chocolate Cake--his request!


I hope my husband enjoyed his birthday and appreciates all of his gifts--especially the trip he'll get to take.  I think he had a great day.  Happy 34th to Scott!!

Comments

Popular Posts