Want 50 more recipes that you can easily make ahead?
I stumbled across something exciting this morning. Well, exciting if you like FREE and let me tell you, I like FREE almost as much as I like making ahead meals :)
Amazon.com has two free mini-cookbooks from Gooseberry Patch (which incidentally was founded in the suburb of Columbus where I grew up) today. They are for a kindle, but if you don't own a kindle (I don't), you can access them via the kindle "cloud" which basically means you can sign into your amazon account and view the books.
The first free cookbook is:
http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Friends-Cookbook-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00607KMA0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323098538&sr=1-1
This book is filled with "pie" recipes--everything from chicken pot pie to spaghetti pie. In order to prep these meals ahead of time, just follow the recipe right up until the point where it tells you to bake it. Instead of baking, cover, saran wrap and freeze it. You will want to purchase foil containers to freeze these in--they are cheapest at stores like Restaurant Depot, Costco and Sam's club. Then thaw the dinner 24-48 hours in your refrigerator before you want to bake it and bake as the recipe instructs. It may take 10-15 minutes longer to bake since your ingredients will be cold when they go into the oven.
The second free cookbook is:
http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Cookbook-Classic-Cookbooklets-ebook/dp/B004QZ9VT6/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323098538&sr=1-2
This book is all crock-pot recipes. Just follow the recipe right up until the cooking part and instead of cooking, store all the ingredients in a freezer bag in your freezer until you're ready to use it. Thaw in your refrigerator 24-48 hours and then cook in your crock pot.
I hope you each enjoy some of these new recipes! I can't wait to try some for my own family :)
Amazon.com has two free mini-cookbooks from Gooseberry Patch (which incidentally was founded in the suburb of Columbus where I grew up) today. They are for a kindle, but if you don't own a kindle (I don't), you can access them via the kindle "cloud" which basically means you can sign into your amazon account and view the books.
The first free cookbook is:
http://www.amazon.com/Circle-Friends-Cookbook-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00607KMA0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323098538&sr=1-1
This book is filled with "pie" recipes--everything from chicken pot pie to spaghetti pie. In order to prep these meals ahead of time, just follow the recipe right up until the point where it tells you to bake it. Instead of baking, cover, saran wrap and freeze it. You will want to purchase foil containers to freeze these in--they are cheapest at stores like Restaurant Depot, Costco and Sam's club. Then thaw the dinner 24-48 hours in your refrigerator before you want to bake it and bake as the recipe instructs. It may take 10-15 minutes longer to bake since your ingredients will be cold when they go into the oven.
The second free cookbook is:
http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Cookbook-Classic-Cookbooklets-ebook/dp/B004QZ9VT6/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323098538&sr=1-2
This book is all crock-pot recipes. Just follow the recipe right up until the cooking part and instead of cooking, store all the ingredients in a freezer bag in your freezer until you're ready to use it. Thaw in your refrigerator 24-48 hours and then cook in your crock pot.
I hope you each enjoy some of these new recipes! I can't wait to try some for my own family :)


Comments