December 26th
On Christmas night, every bedroom in our house was filled. I love having family staying with us so it was a joy to host Scott's brother and his girlfriend one more night, as well as my brother and sister.
Yesterday we had a laid-back, relaxing morning (our girls slept in for the third day in a row! woohoo!) and once everyone woke up we showered and got ready to go to my Grandma Lulu's house for a visit.
On the way we picked up our favorite foods from my grandma's town which we've grown up enjoying almost every time we go to see her. My brother is nutso for Buena Vista chicken while my sister and I have a special affinity for Sunrise Pizza. Both are super unique foods and are located in Warren, Ohio for anyone wondering.
We all ate a big lunch and then spent time visiting with Lulu and my brother and sister's dad Gene. Gene and my mom dated from the time I was about 3, married when I was 6 and then split up while I was in college. He and his parents are still very special to me and are a part of my family. His Dad, Papa Geno, passed away two years ago.
While we visited, Jaden and Sienna took turns crawling all over my brother and Bristol figured out how to crawl up and down a single step (that baby of mine is one determined little lady!!).
I always leave Lulu's house wishing our visits could be longer, though grateful for the time we had. More special than any physical present is the gift of time with those we love and cherish!
Yesterday we had a laid-back, relaxing morning (our girls slept in for the third day in a row! woohoo!) and once everyone woke up we showered and got ready to go to my Grandma Lulu's house for a visit.
On the way we picked up our favorite foods from my grandma's town which we've grown up enjoying almost every time we go to see her. My brother is nutso for Buena Vista chicken while my sister and I have a special affinity for Sunrise Pizza. Both are super unique foods and are located in Warren, Ohio for anyone wondering.
We all ate a big lunch and then spent time visiting with Lulu and my brother and sister's dad Gene. Gene and my mom dated from the time I was about 3, married when I was 6 and then split up while I was in college. He and his parents are still very special to me and are a part of my family. His Dad, Papa Geno, passed away two years ago.
While we visited, Jaden and Sienna took turns crawling all over my brother and Bristol figured out how to crawl up and down a single step (that baby of mine is one determined little lady!!).
Then we each took turns getting a photo with our incredible Grandma Lulu. She absolutely HATES getting her picture taken, so I am very grateful that each time we visit with her she allows me to take some photos. If our grandparents lived forever, maybe I wouldn't want to take so many, but knowing that we aren't going to have her around for the rest of our lives, I know I'm going to be grateful for every single photograph I have one day!
Bristol wore herself out, so she wasn't up for a photo with Lulu, so we improvised:
I always leave Lulu's house wishing our visits could be longer, though grateful for the time we had. More special than any physical present is the gift of time with those we love and cherish!












Comments