It's Weight Loss WEDNESDAY!

I have been looking forward to this day all week.  I have to admit, after my weigh-in and first weight watchers meeting last Wednesday I had a few rough days.  Wednesday I traveled with the kids to Pennsylvania (more about that coming up later!) and we ended up eating on-the-go instead of stopping at a place that had healthy options as originally planned.  Thursday morning I had a meeting where there was a huge buffet of breakfast dishes so I didn't do well counting my points that morning.  And then on Friday I started off well, but the further I got into my day the worse things got...

Saturday morning I woke up and had a talk with myself in my head.  I was not going to allow myself to continue down a path of self-destruction.  I needed to make sure counting WW points was a priority.  So since Saturday I have done PERFECT :) 

Weight Loss This Week:  5.4 lbs!!  WOOHOO!  I was incorrect when I posted my weight last week.  I weighed in at 163.4; today I weighed in at 158.

Total Weight Loss So Far:  5.4 lbs 

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  Nothing set in place right now, but trying to get some kind of activity in each day.  Starting after Christmas I'll be sharing some fitness goals and how I'm going to get there! 

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  My brother-in-law, who is very knowledgeable in all things diet and exercise related, has told me that the more water I drink, the better my metabolism will be.  He claims that the more you pee, the faster your metabolism is going to be.  Okay, I'm on it!  I'm drinking about 8 glasses of water each day, more when I have an intense workout since I am the world's thirstiest person when I exercise! 

Recipes to Share:  No new recipes today 

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:  Nothing New, but I'm LOVING that with the new points plus system, all fruits are ZERO points.  I've been loading up on my two favorites--pears and raspberries--and having lots of bananas too.  Fruit is my favorite way to bulk up a meal.

I'm also eating salad for as many lunches and dinners as possible.   

Goals This Week:  I'd like to lose 2 more lbs this week.  I'm sticking strictly to my daily points. 

Overall Goals:  To lose 29 more lbs or to fit into my size 4 jeans (whichever is first); to starting lifting 3x a week in January and to do cardio 5x a week; to start running regularly again and to up my distance to 5 miles at a time before spring 

It is so wonderful to attend weight watchers with friends.  If you're in the area and would like to join us, let me know!  

Thank you for the encouragement on this journey!

Comments

Jessica said…
Congratulations, Bethany! What an awesome first week you had! Keep up the great work!
Cindy Bailey said…
Bethany, way to go girl! Congrats on your getting rid of over 5 lbs in a week!!! I don't need to tell you what a tough time of year it is to be watching your weight. You deserve a special treat for your success this past week. Maybe a new book, earrings, nail polish something in the non-food area...trust me those small rewards will help to keep you on track.Good-luck in the coming week. You can do it!~
Life Happens said…
You are awesome! I admire you for making this a priority and with such a busy schedule. Go mama!

Popular Posts