Bristol Grace at 6 months

Bristol Grace, You turned SIX months old on October 4th.  I love the new stage you're entering, but this year is going by way too fast.  I love you SO much and can't imagine our family now without you in it!

You wear size 3-6 months clothes and some 6-12 month.  You're still in size 2 diapers, but we will move into size 3 diapers as soon as we use up the rest of the size 2s we have.  You weigh 17lbs 15oz and are ____ long (need to look that up!).  I'm loving that on the cooler days, you're able to wear some of my favorite hand-me-downs from Jaden and Sienna that I never thought you'd get to wear.  I'm thinking that the reason you're more true to the size for your age is because you grew in length more first in the summer months when it didn't matter how long your legs were and now you're filling out more.

You have five bottles each day (5oz per bottle) and you started having two babyfood meals each day in mid-September.  Grammy encouraged us to do this to help you sleep well through the night.

You tried your first fruits and veggies this month!  You tried a mashed banana for the first time on 9/15 and you tried squash on 9/19.  You made funny faces for both, but you eventually took to them.  I'm making your baby food right now and enjoying it!
 

The one food you didn't make any funny face for at first try was PEACHES.  You absolutely LOVE peaches and broke into a big smile the first time you tried them.  Ironically, peaches were the biggest pain in the butt for Mommy to make.  Go figure, I had a feeling you'd love 'em!

You are our worst sleeper yet.  I hate to say that, but it's true.  You wake up every morning around 5am fussing.  We have no idea what is causing this, but we're determined to make it stop.  I'm seeking advice from all of my "mommy-friends" and trying to adjust your nap and eating schedules to help you get past this! In the meantime, you're sleeping in the den in your pack 'n play so that we can console you during the early morning wake-ups.


You're an excellent napper 80% of the time.  You sleep in the morning 9-11am and in the afternoon 1-4.  I'm thankful for the good naps and hope that you'll start making them consistent 100% of the time.


You are definitely teething.  You  are constantly chewing on your toys and spend as much time chewing on your bottle nipple as you do sucking down your milk.  Sometimes you have fussy moments and I think these are all related to the pain from your teeth.  :(


You started "growling" this month.  There is no other way to describe this funny sound.  I went to see my doctor for a new allergy drug prescription and the whole time the doctor was laughing at you and your funny noise!

You love to play on a blanket on the floor with your toys.  Often you end up rolling off of the blanket and getting into something you're not supposed to (haha).  You sure know how to get around!  I'm afraid crawling might be in our near future because you seem determined to get up on all fours.  By the end of this month, you are actually getting your big belly off the floor :)  I love to observe you while you're playing on the floor with your toys and discovering new things you can do!


You roll everywhere...and now you're starting to roll purposefully towards something you want to get into.  Case and point--you got into a box of paper at Grammy's because you rolled to it.  The more active you get, the more trouble I'm in since our house is anything but baby-proofed at this point!


You are SO observant, now more than ever.  When I'm holding you and walking around, you're always looking in the direction of where we're going.  It's like you want to know where we're going and why.  You watch everything going on around you and are especially interested in people.  You watch specifically to see who is going to look at you and give you some attention.

Your big sisters ROCK YOUR WORLD.  You watch them like crazy and if you're sad they can quickly cheer you up.  You especially love when they join you on the floor to play, when they sit by you in your exersaucer and show you what each of the toys do on it, and when you get to sit in your high chair while they're eating so that you can watch them.

You first time sitting in your high chair was just before you turned five months old and this month you've loved it.  You eat all of your meals now in your high chair.

You kick your legs so much.  Your daddy observed that you most often kick your left leg and now that he said it, I've seen that it is true!  I don't know why, but you kick your left leg a lot on it's own or you kick both legs together.  I've never seen you just kick the right leg though.  Just a funny fact about you right now :)

Probably the biggest milestone this month--you now SIT UP!  You started sitting on your own on September 26th while we were at The Little Gym.  You've gotten better and better over the past few days and we're all enjoying you being able to sit on the floor to play with toys right now.  I love to take photos of you sitting up!

You are the spittiest baby ever!  I thought your big sister Sienna was a "spitter" but you take the cake girl!  You especially love to spit up on Mama right after I've gotten dressed for the day.  Thanks to your projectile vomiting, I was even late to my first preschool parents meeting of the year.  I also had to completely change one night before going for a run because the first outfit I put on got spit on.  I don't want to rush you growing up, but I have to say I'll be so happy when we're out of the spit-up phase!

Your first birthday is still 6 months away, but we've already chosen a theme and planning is in full effect!  More about that in a future post though.  I'm glad to have something fun to focus on after Christmas when our depressing, gray Ohio winter seems to stretch on forever.  I have quite a few projects up my sleeve for your big bash!


You tried your jumperoo for the first time this month and you love it!  You go on a rotation of floor time, jumperoo, then exersaucer.  You like variety :)


You love when Mommy sings to you...and I sing the same songs I've been singing since Jaden was a baby.  You are my sunshine, You are so beautiful, I love you a bushel and a peck, and I love you, you love me are four favorites.  I also make up some songs as we go; you don't mind the bad lyrics or when I sing off key :)


Jaden and Sienna have both now started school which means you and I get a little extra one-on-one time.  You nap most of the time while Sienna is at school, but I always try to squeeze in some extra snuggle time with you on those mornings.  I try to cherish every moment I can get with you since you're growing up so fast!


Mommy & Daddy left you for the first time this month.  It was so nice for your Grandmas to let us get away for five days, though I missed you and your sisters a lot.  You were a good girl while we were gone.


You're a dream baby for all babysitters.  Uncle Seth and his friend Katie babysat you this month, as did Aunt Mandy, Grammy and Grandma Jan, and all say you were the easiest baby ever.  I couldn't agree more!


You got your first OSU cheerleading outfit this month and are both the cutest and the tiniest Buckeye cheerleader I've ever seen.  I've been making sure you wear it every Saturday for the Ohio State football games!


Sweet little Bristol, if you could slow down on growing up a little bit, Mommy would be forever grateful.  You are the most content, sweetest, happiest baby on the entire planet.  One smile from you makes my entire day go well and you light up the days of your daddy and your sisters too.  I know we were all happy and enjoying life before you arrived, but I look at our life now and don't know how we ever "lived" before you were here.  You have brought so much love to every heart in this family and you are responsible for making us stop often to just take in the beauty of family life in the Vitt household.  Thank you and your sisters for teaching Mommy to appreciate every single day since it goes by way too quickly.  I love you one thousand times more than you could ever imagine Baby B!

Comments

Popular Posts