Visit from Grandma, Playing Outside & Fall Decorations

Today was a full Sunday.  We weren't able to go to church at our new "home" church because Sienna's school had a pancake breakfast fundraiser at the church where her school resides.  The meal was delicious--pancakes, sausage, potatoes, muffins & fruit--and I hope they made a good amount of money as a result!

We came home and relaxed for a short while before my Grandma Lulu came over for a visit.  She hadn't gotten to see our new home, so we were excited for her to see it.  Scott went to the Cleveland Browns game so it was a girls only day here :)




Lulu loved our house, and we enjoyed having her here to visit.  She would just die if she knew I posted these pictures, so shhhh!  I LOVE my Lulu so very much :)

As soon as Lulu went home we girls headed outside to play.  It was beautiful out and everyone needed the fresh air.  Jaden and Sienna were riding in one of our jeeps and had it going top speed which seems super fast to them.  I'm uploading videos now that I took on my little point & shoot camera, so I'll add them to this post later tonight.  You'll see in the videos that we have some crazy drivers in the family!





Here are the videos--wild drivers on the loose!




Everyone had a great time outside, and just as we were going to head in to start heating up leftovers for dinner, Scott pulled in.  He was all smiles since the Browns pulled off a win today!

I shared one photo of our dining room on facebook the other day, so I thought I'd share some fall decor photos tonight too.  We don't go "all out" for most holidays or seasons, though I love pumpkins and fall colors.  So this year I made sure to pull out some things to put out.

The kitchen stove:


Dining Room Table:



Cute glittery pumpkin (sorry, it's hard to see) on the window sill between our kitchen and family room:


Pumpkin picture frames on the mantel:


Pumpkins on one of our shelves above the TV:


And the final indoor decoration....three little happy ghosts made out of my girls' footprints!


Outside we have wreaths, pumpkins that Scott carved with the big girls, scarecrow, crow and some luminaries.  We kept it simple outside this year; usually I like to tie corn husks outside and do a hay bale or two, gourds and indian corn.



I'm enjoying all of the fall decor as it gets me excited for beggar's night when I get to see all of the neighborhood children dressed up in cute costumes and then later for thanksgiving which is always a fun family day for us!

...one little side note because I know some of my friends are anti-halloween.  We choose to treat it as a fun day to dress up and since our girls are old enough to have heard about ghosts and witches and so forth we treat those as friendly characters that come along with the holiday.  Yes, we know the "meaning" behind halloween, but we both grew up celebrating and didn't turn into devil worshipers so we trust our girls will know the right path through our everyday actions and not make more out of this day than any other fun holiday!  :)

Comments

Life Happens said…
It was a beautiful day to be outside! Love all the fall decor!
Unknown said…
I had to laugh at your comment about not going all out in decorating for holidays/seasons. I said just about the same thing to a friend today when I was telling her how proud I was to get my handful of fall decorations out over the weekend.
I'm excited for you for your first night of trick or treating in the new neighborhood. Last year was the first year we did that in this neighborhood (always went to my parents' to do it), and I realized...I have so many great neighbors! I got to connect with school moms I didn't know were in the neighborhood, and Hayley got to introduce me to friends from school. It's now my favorite social day of the year. :o)

Popular Posts