Let's Tour Bristol's Room!
Today Bristol is exactly 6 months and 18 days old. And today, I FINALLY finished putting together Bristol's room. Well....except for one small detail. But that will come later and I'll share when it's done :)
I played with these pictures and finally figured that it would be easiest to show you B's room from what you see when you're in her doorway, and then to go around the room in a right-hand circle.
I knew the moment we were pregnant that I would have the baby's room be either green or purple. Our upstairs rooms are all pastel colors--Scott's secretary jokes that it's like an Easter egg up there. So of course when we found out we were having a girl we decided on lavender for the nursery.
Finding bedding for a lavender room though was not much fun! Especially with our ivory woodwork. So I searched for the perfect fabrics and designed my own bedding. I had it made through someone on etsy, but unfortunately I'm not going to recommend her because while her handiwork is gorgeous, she was quite awful at customer service.
So anyway, on with the tour we go!!
Here is what you see when you look into Bristol's room from the doorway:
The furniture was all handed down from Jaden to Sienna and now to Bristol. The book shelf in the corner was given to us from my mom a few years ago because it matched the baby furniture perfectly. On it are Bristol's books and some toys (which usually are all over the floor, I'm not gonna lie!).
I purchased a lot of extra fabric from the collection I chose for Bristol's bedding and used some to make curtains. My step-mom did the sewing while I helped with ironing, pinning, cutting and measuring. We made tie-backs, but right now I like the curtains closed so that we can see them well with the futon in front.
The futon mattress was mine in college and is a very thick, high-quality one. Side pillows and the footrest match. We had to purchase a new futon frame though since our previous one broke. Right now the futon is a perfect spot for guests when we have more than our guest room can accommodate, and I slept on it the first few times Bristol slept in her bedroom. It's also great to just sit on while the girls play. I like having it in her room since there is certainly more than enough space!
I knew that I wanted to put together a wall of photos since we have SO MANY from our photographer that I am in love with. I can't decide if the collage I made is overkill, but even if it is, I still love it!
Yes, there are two empty frames--for my favorite 6-month photos of course!
I made the embroidery hoop decorations from extra bedding fabric. I love this simple, inexpensive touch! Her lamp is from pottery barn kids and her piggy bank was a gift from Grammy Pammy from Nordstrom.
I had the woman who sewed the bedding also make liners for our changing table baskets to match. The center one has a divider in it from pottery barn kids. My wonderful hubby spray painted these formerly bright white wicker baskets ivory to match the woodwork in Bristol's room.
Behind Bristol's door is her bow hanger; you can make one yourself using my tutorial here. A few of her bows aren't hanging on here for any of you counting accessories (ha!).
On the other side of the door Scott hung a few things that have been in all three girls' nurseries. The flower was made by Passionworks in Athens, Ohio (where we went to college) by people who have disabilities. I've always thought that it was beautiful and the meaning behind it even more special :)
Bristol has a nice big closet filled with her clothes and shoes through 12-18 months. There's a lot of room to spare so I could eventually get to a point where I don't pack up and then unpack the clothes in sizes between Bristol & Sienna. One perk of having 3 girls = tons of hand-me-downs!
Over the crib are three wreaths from JoAnn Fabrics. I saw this idea somewhere and loved the look, though I have to keep the crib pulled a few inches out from the wall so that the little fake berries don't end up in the crib somehow.
We have our same inexpensive glider from Jaden and Sienna, draped with a gorgeous hand-made blanket from a friend's mom. The blanket, beautifully crosshatched, won the top prize at the fair and then was gifted to us for Jaden! It is so special; I love hand-made gifts. We also have the pillow that matches B's bedding on her glider.
Above the glider hang two special photos--one of my big pregnant belly and the other of Bristol as a newborn and the same ribbon and tag are on both. The tag says "from God" and I made it the morning of my pregnancy photo shoot. Love how it matches the room!
Here are a few shots of the details of Bristol's bedding. I designed every single detail of each piece right down to where each piece of fabric was to be used. I LOVED designing it myself and it actually was not as costly as you would think!
Of course Bristol doesn't sleep in bed with her bumper pads and blanket right now. I put it in to take photos because it makes the room so complete!
So there you have it--you've now seen each and every detail of B's room! I hope you've enjoyed finally seeing it. I had the best time putting it all together. I love to decorate children's rooms and this one is my favorite one so far. Now that it's all put together I want to be in there all day long and just look at how beautiful it is!
If anyone out there has any questions or needs help with ideas for a baby or child's room, let me know :) I'd love to help!
I played with these pictures and finally figured that it would be easiest to show you B's room from what you see when you're in her doorway, and then to go around the room in a right-hand circle.
I knew the moment we were pregnant that I would have the baby's room be either green or purple. Our upstairs rooms are all pastel colors--Scott's secretary jokes that it's like an Easter egg up there. So of course when we found out we were having a girl we decided on lavender for the nursery.
Finding bedding for a lavender room though was not much fun! Especially with our ivory woodwork. So I searched for the perfect fabrics and designed my own bedding. I had it made through someone on etsy, but unfortunately I'm not going to recommend her because while her handiwork is gorgeous, she was quite awful at customer service.
So anyway, on with the tour we go!!
Here is what you see when you look into Bristol's room from the doorway:
The furniture was all handed down from Jaden to Sienna and now to Bristol. The book shelf in the corner was given to us from my mom a few years ago because it matched the baby furniture perfectly. On it are Bristol's books and some toys (which usually are all over the floor, I'm not gonna lie!).
I purchased a lot of extra fabric from the collection I chose for Bristol's bedding and used some to make curtains. My step-mom did the sewing while I helped with ironing, pinning, cutting and measuring. We made tie-backs, but right now I like the curtains closed so that we can see them well with the futon in front.
The futon mattress was mine in college and is a very thick, high-quality one. Side pillows and the footrest match. We had to purchase a new futon frame though since our previous one broke. Right now the futon is a perfect spot for guests when we have more than our guest room can accommodate, and I slept on it the first few times Bristol slept in her bedroom. It's also great to just sit on while the girls play. I like having it in her room since there is certainly more than enough space!
I knew that I wanted to put together a wall of photos since we have SO MANY from our photographer that I am in love with. I can't decide if the collage I made is overkill, but even if it is, I still love it!
Yes, there are two empty frames--for my favorite 6-month photos of course!
I made the embroidery hoop decorations from extra bedding fabric. I love this simple, inexpensive touch! Her lamp is from pottery barn kids and her piggy bank was a gift from Grammy Pammy from Nordstrom.
I had the woman who sewed the bedding also make liners for our changing table baskets to match. The center one has a divider in it from pottery barn kids. My wonderful hubby spray painted these formerly bright white wicker baskets ivory to match the woodwork in Bristol's room.
Behind Bristol's door is her bow hanger; you can make one yourself using my tutorial here. A few of her bows aren't hanging on here for any of you counting accessories (ha!).
On the other side of the door Scott hung a few things that have been in all three girls' nurseries. The flower was made by Passionworks in Athens, Ohio (where we went to college) by people who have disabilities. I've always thought that it was beautiful and the meaning behind it even more special :)
Bristol has a nice big closet filled with her clothes and shoes through 12-18 months. There's a lot of room to spare so I could eventually get to a point where I don't pack up and then unpack the clothes in sizes between Bristol & Sienna. One perk of having 3 girls = tons of hand-me-downs!
Over the crib are three wreaths from JoAnn Fabrics. I saw this idea somewhere and loved the look, though I have to keep the crib pulled a few inches out from the wall so that the little fake berries don't end up in the crib somehow.
We have our same inexpensive glider from Jaden and Sienna, draped with a gorgeous hand-made blanket from a friend's mom. The blanket, beautifully crosshatched, won the top prize at the fair and then was gifted to us for Jaden! It is so special; I love hand-made gifts. We also have the pillow that matches B's bedding on her glider.
Above the glider hang two special photos--one of my big pregnant belly and the other of Bristol as a newborn and the same ribbon and tag are on both. The tag says "from God" and I made it the morning of my pregnancy photo shoot. Love how it matches the room!
Here are a few shots of the details of Bristol's bedding. I designed every single detail of each piece right down to where each piece of fabric was to be used. I LOVED designing it myself and it actually was not as costly as you would think!
Of course Bristol doesn't sleep in bed with her bumper pads and blanket right now. I put it in to take photos because it makes the room so complete!
So there you have it--you've now seen each and every detail of B's room! I hope you've enjoyed finally seeing it. I had the best time putting it all together. I love to decorate children's rooms and this one is my favorite one so far. Now that it's all put together I want to be in there all day long and just look at how beautiful it is!
If anyone out there has any questions or needs help with ideas for a baby or child's room, let me know :) I'd love to help!





















Comments