Halloween fun the whole month long!

We've had a lovely time this month celebrating fall and anticipating halloween tonight.  Meet our three little storybook characters:

Madeline...


Fancy Nancy (below she shows off her WHOLE costume w/ about 100 accessories)...


And Pinkalicious...


These three little girls had a great time walking the neighborhood and collecting candy tonight.  But tonight was just a small part of our festive fun this month.  I thought that tonight I'd share some photos from a variety of events we took part in all month!

Early in the month Bristol and I accompanied Sienna on a class field trip to Luther Farm.  What a great day that was--craft making, treat eating, pumpkin launching, animal feeding, hayride riding, corn box crawling, haymaze walking FUN!





Dressed in their festive halloween garb, later that day I took a few pictures of Bristol out shopping:



Yeah, those tootsies sure are adorable!  I took some more photos of B a few days later in her pumpkin dress.  I ordered this dress on sale clear back in August and she's worn it at least 10 times already.  I'm excited for her to wear it more this coming month too.



While I attended a scrapbooking retreat weekend earlier this month, Scott, Jaden and Sienna carved some pumpkins.  They turned out cute.  I love that Scott's into carving with them because I'm not a fan of the goopy job!


On 10/22 my sister Mandy and I took the girls to a costume party at a local fire station where the girls entered a costume contest, ate lots of cookies, rode in a fire truck and mingled with friends.  We had a fun night and for entering the costume contest they received a bucket full of candy!









Last week, Sienna got to wear her costume to her Little Gym class.  Jaden wasn't at class that day because she'd been invited to a playdate with a few classmates.  Sienna looked adorable jumping around in her full skirt, and Bristol and I especially enjoyed sitting inside the gym to watch the beginning of class!


Bristol wore Sienna's crown for her because it was impeding her gymnastics abilities:


That night I made candy corn rice crispie treats to take to Sienna's school party being held the following day:


Then I was the parent helper at the party which was a great time!  Sienna showed off her painting skills, a puppet show, making pictures, making a "vegetable pumpkin," carving a jack-o-lantern and walking in a class parade for the families.  We also made halloween s'mores for snack and spent some time watching the class guinea pig "Waffle."




One night last week I snapped this pic of Jaden and Bristol in their pumpkin PJs (which they've been wearing and I've been washing for a few days straight now!).  If only Bristol could understand that she looks JUST like her eldest sister and will probably grow to look just like Jaden does now in 6 years!


I also couldn't resist trying to snap a pic of the three girls in their orange and black last week.  Getting all 3 to smile simultaneously and sit still is becoming quite a chore!


Last Thursday Sienna participated in a preschool parents group event at a local gymnastics club.  She LOVED it.  Especially the trampoline and the foam pit!  She wore a pumpkin shirt in honor of October and Bristol wore her halloween jammies all day that day :)



Later that same day I left the little girls at home with Grandma and attended Jaden's school halloween party.  The room mothers had stations for the kids with a craft, tattoos, snacks, cookie decorating and, the class favorite, a touch 'n feel station where they had to guess which "body parts" they were touching.  They had different slimy foods that represented things like eyeballs and brains.  It was fun and the kids loved it!  My favorite part of the day was meeting all of the kids Jaden talks so much about and hearing the children all chant some of the phonics sounds for us parents.  Jaden has the BEST teacher ever and she makes me want to go back to kindergarten all over again!




At the party Jaden handed out baggies of halloween s'mores to her classmates.  Such a cute idea I heard about from my friend Kelly!


That night (yes, Thursday was a BUSY day!) it was costume night at dance.  Here is Sassilicious, Oops I mean Fancy Nancy, in all of her garb!




And here is Pinkalicious, the graceful ballerina...


Yesterday, Sunday, Bristol dressed in her pumpkin dress for church.  She looked so sweet once again in it!


After church, a birthday party and an hour in McDonalds Playland we met up with my sister and nephews to go trick-or-treating.  We've made it an annual tradition to take the kids all together, and once again they all had a nice time.  These 4 are the cutest little siblings and cousins ever!  I love to see them interact!



Tonight was trick-or-treat in our neighborhood so we went out again.  Thankfully there were only 20 or so houses handing out candy so we didn't get overloaded with it.  We had fun meeting some neighbors we hadn't met yet and walking as a family from house to house.  Our three little storybook characters were so cute!



Scott's mom passed out candy for us while we were out and here she is with Baby B once we were back and checking out what Jaden and Sienna had gotten.


She might've had a bucket full of candy, but this little princess was only interested in the Old Maid cards from our neighbor's treat bag.  She eventually chose two pieces of candy to eat and then we all brushed teeth REALLY WELL before bed!


It's been a fun month full of many festive activities.  I'd say that these girls are some of the most fortunate I've ever known when it comes to being able to go out and do things!  We even had additional plans (hayride, Little Gym party) that we didn't get to participate in, which is why I'm happy there's always next year!

Happy Halloween everyone!  Hope you and your families had a great night tonight!

Comments

Life Happens said…
You have been SO busy this month! I'm looking forward for things to slow down too.

Popular Posts