PinterTest with the Johnsons!
Tonight, I'm very excited to link up with Jessica for a Pinterest-themed linky party! Remember last Saturday when I said that if I'm going to "pin" something, I intend to actually do something with it? Well that's the truth and I've already begun making many of the things I've pinned and using the ideas I've saved there.
Just yesterday as I made a recipe I'd found on Pinterest I was thinking that it would be fun to start a link-up for bloggers to share how they use what they pin and just a few minutes later I stumbled on Jessica's blog through one of my other favorite bloggers. It was a total God-thing and meant to be since Jessica not only had the same idea, but had set the wheels in motion! Needless to say, I'm her newest blog follower and I already know I like her :)
Well enough about all that....may I present my first project inspired by Pinterest!
For Sienna's Birthday Party I knew I wanted to keep things simple, yet special. As soon as I pinned the how-to instructions to make tissue paper pom-poms, and saw how easy they were to make, I knew I would make a couple for her special day.
Here is my original pin:
And here are the ones I made:
I changed just two things from the instructions above. First, I used 10 sheets of tissue paper instead of 8. And second, I used two shades of pink for the pink balls and two shades of purple for the purple one. I alternated the light and dark shades before I folded the tissue paper and I did that just to add more dimension. I thought they turned out great!
Hop on over to http://keepupwiththejohnsons.com/ to see more pins and how bloggers made or created them! Next month I'll share several more things I'm working on thanks to Pinterest inspiration. 'Til then, happy pinning!
Just yesterday as I made a recipe I'd found on Pinterest I was thinking that it would be fun to start a link-up for bloggers to share how they use what they pin and just a few minutes later I stumbled on Jessica's blog through one of my other favorite bloggers. It was a total God-thing and meant to be since Jessica not only had the same idea, but had set the wheels in motion! Needless to say, I'm her newest blog follower and I already know I like her :)
Well enough about all that....may I present my first project inspired by Pinterest!
For Sienna's Birthday Party I knew I wanted to keep things simple, yet special. As soon as I pinned the how-to instructions to make tissue paper pom-poms, and saw how easy they were to make, I knew I would make a couple for her special day.
Here is my original pin:
And here are the ones I made:
I changed just two things from the instructions above. First, I used 10 sheets of tissue paper instead of 8. And second, I used two shades of pink for the pink balls and two shades of purple for the purple one. I alternated the light and dark shades before I folded the tissue paper and I did that just to add more dimension. I thought they turned out great!
Hop on over to http://keepupwiththejohnsons.com/ to see more pins and how bloggers made or created them! Next month I'll share several more things I'm working on thanks to Pinterest inspiration. 'Til then, happy pinning!





Comments
I have posted about a few of my favourite pins on my blog and if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be honoured if you could also link up your post to my Pinning and Singing Linky Party as this post is just fabulous! I have also created a Pinning Bloggers Master List at my blog that you might be interested in joining.
Best wishes and happy pinning!
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me