Our Weekend
This weekend was the longest, yet shortest weekend ever. It was long in that yesterday through this morning both Jaden and Sienna had A LOT of energy and with the cold, rainy weather we couldn't exactly take them outside to run out that energy. Yet it was short in that I ambitiously started about a dozen projects that I thought I would finish, but didn't! The time went by too quickly...why can't weekends be 4 days?
On Friday afternoon I started my weekend projects...
I'm working on some final touches for Bristol's room (ya know, just because she's going to be 6 months old on Tuesday doesn't mean it's too late to finish her bedroom!) and I decided to spruce up our playroom with a few simple additions. I hope to have everything done tomorrow except for two more curtain panels for Bristol's room which I'm going to sew with my stepmom on Saturday evening. Once complete, I'll share both rooms with you all!
Tonight, with the help of my wonderful husband, I worked on another project....my very first TUTORIAL! This week I'm going to start "Tutorial Tuesday" here on the blog and I'll kick it off with my first very own how-to lesson on bow making.
I have two humidifiers running in B's room tonight, so hopefully her congestion will break up some. As for Sienna, I'm guessing she picked up a bug from school and I just pray that she doesn't share whatever germs she's got! I also pray she didn't leave any of her germs at church this morning for another child to pick up because she was acting just fine until about 2pm this afternoon.....
On Friday afternoon I started my weekend projects...
I'm working on some final touches for Bristol's room (ya know, just because she's going to be 6 months old on Tuesday doesn't mean it's too late to finish her bedroom!) and I decided to spruce up our playroom with a few simple additions. I hope to have everything done tomorrow except for two more curtain panels for Bristol's room which I'm going to sew with my stepmom on Saturday evening. Once complete, I'll share both rooms with you all!
Tonight, with the help of my wonderful husband, I worked on another project....my very first TUTORIAL! This week I'm going to start "Tutorial Tuesday" here on the blog and I'll kick it off with my first very own how-to lesson on bow making.
I've had quite a few requests over the years to share how I make my girls' bows and I've resisted because the steps I follow are not easy. It involves sewing (yes, dig out your needles and thread!) and when I've show my method for bow making to friends in person they sometimes end up thinking I'm crazy. Despite telling this to those who have asked for a tutorial, they have been persistent so I'm finally going to share! Don't say you haven't been warned :) But don't say you also haven't been warned that if you do follow the tutorial I'm going to share, you will have the best quality, most beautiful bows ever made!
Today two-thirds of our brood has come down with a bug :( Bristol has some nasty chest congestion and Sienna was listless all afternoon, only wanted to sleep or at least lie down, and ended up with a fever before bed. While Sienna is clearly feeling under the weather, you never would've known Baby B wasn't feeling good today! She was her happy little self, playing and smiling just like she was on Friday night when we involved her in playing dress-up:
I have two humidifiers running in B's room tonight, so hopefully her congestion will break up some. As for Sienna, I'm guessing she picked up a bug from school and I just pray that she doesn't share whatever germs she's got! I also pray she didn't leave any of her germs at church this morning for another child to pick up because she was acting just fine until about 2pm this afternoon.....
So overall, a weekend with some ups and downs. A weekend with some things done and some not. A weekend that I wish were a few days longer. But since it's not, I better get off the computer and get ready for a busy week ahead!






Comments