Digital Diva

Among the many crafts I enjoy is scrapbooking.  Traditional scrapbooking, where you pull out the photographs and cut, arrange, glue, etc. was my very first craft that I was passionate about.  I began scrapbooking in high school and have never stopped.

Since having children I have tried to put together scrapbooks for my girls, though like most scrapbookers I'm very behind.  I know some day I will catch up, so it doesn't really bother me.  However, I have recently discovered digital scrapbooking and I think this method could help me to catch up even sooner than if I continue to do everything the traditional way.

I LOVE getting my hands into the paper, embellishments and adhesive, so for me traditional scrapbooking is going to always be used for certain projects.  For others though, I will use digital.  I have software and tonight I began using it for the first time.  I chose a random photograph and decided to play around.  With the help of some instructions from a fellow scrapbooker, I came up with this:


I have ZERO graphic design experience so to be able to create something like this in less than a half hour was amazing to me!  The other ladies scrapbooking with me tonight were getting a kick out of my excitement.  Truly though, I never imagined that my first page would be this beautiful!

For those of you who will ask, I am using Creative Memories Storybook software, 4.0.  It costs a fraction of what photoshop would cost and has more options than I could ever imagine being able to use.  Also, you are not limited to only printing pages and projects through Creative Memories (something that I had previously believed which held me back from using the software until now).  I am going to be spending a lot of time using the software to familiarize myself and to try new things.  Hopefully I'll have more projects to share soon!

Comments

Popular Posts