Ring, ring!
When my mom was preparing gifts for my baby shower (I was pregnant with Jaden) she wrapped up a few things that had been mine as a child. One of the things was a Fisher Price phone toy--the old one that you could pull on a string and it made a ringing noise as it was pulled along. I have to admit, I thought the "gift" was a little silly and with the tattered string I thought it would be a little unsafe for my firstborn.
I cut off the string that had become so tattered and tangled and put it with our other baby toys. I think I showed it to Jaden and Sienna once or twice, but they never played with it much. Afterall, it's pretty old-fashioned compared to some of their electronic, noisy toys and it's not all that flashy.
As I put together Bristol's room I came across the phone and set it on her shelf. When we were getting ready to take her 6-month pictures I needed something to occupy her while I found her bow, so I pulled down the phone. She LOVED it! She sat there turning the rotary dial and making it "ring" for about 10 minutes in all. I was so tickled that she liked it that I started video taping her on my camera:
Good gift, Mom! The phone is a hit with Baby B!
I cut off the string that had become so tattered and tangled and put it with our other baby toys. I think I showed it to Jaden and Sienna once or twice, but they never played with it much. Afterall, it's pretty old-fashioned compared to some of their electronic, noisy toys and it's not all that flashy.
As I put together Bristol's room I came across the phone and set it on her shelf. When we were getting ready to take her 6-month pictures I needed something to occupy her while I found her bow, so I pulled down the phone. She LOVED it! She sat there turning the rotary dial and making it "ring" for about 10 minutes in all. I was so tickled that she liked it that I started video taping her on my camera:
Good gift, Mom! The phone is a hit with Baby B!




Comments