The good, the bad, & the ugly

This has been quite a week, and boy do I mean quite a week! In the kind words of my sister, I need a vacation from kiddos. Well isn't that humorous--a) I have no vacations scheduled anytime soon and b) didn't we just get back from Telluride? While I wish I could have a vacation every month, it's never going to happen, and besides, the week must not have been that bad since I've lived to tell about it! *chuckle*

Monday started off with a bang. No literally friends, a bang. It felt like someone or something was literally banging in my brain. My head was THROBBING! In the past year and a half since Sienna was born, I've not felt so sick that I couldn't take care of my kiddos, and Monday morning, there was no way I could function. So thanks to a loving husband and a kind mother-in-law, Jaden and Sienna were well cared for in the morning while I nursed my headache with Motrin, Excedrin & rest. Thank goodness by the afternoon I felt much better and was able to clean up the house a bit and be a mommy again. And I'm also so thankful that my kids were pretty well-behaved all day :)

Tuesday was a little better. I woke up early and could not sleep, so I got out of bed and made my April menu (yes, I plan meals on a monthly basis!) and made my grocery list. I go to the grocery store as few times as possible and try to do one HUGE trip at the beginning of the month followed by a few smaller trips for fresh food later in the month. I got the kiddos all ready and we were shopping by 9am. But then we had the irritating sock incident, Jaden wouldn't go into the grocery store childcare and then cried because she didn't get to go into it later when we were done shopping, and by the time I looked like a real frazzled mess heading out to the car with two full carts, we saw my mother-in-law. I'm sure she was wondering about that "crazy gal her son married"--haha! It was quite a morning, but at least I'd gotten my big shopping trip done early for the month of April! Once home and getting ready for lunch, Jaden had an accident...in her pants... And it wouldn't be the first for this week. Jaden has been doing really well without having any potty accidents for awhile now and we've been so excited for her. But on this past Sunday I gave her some Miralax because she was having trouble going potty and it has now backfired (literally!). She's lost 90% of control of her bowels and I fell partially responsible since I'm the one who dealt out the Miralax. So once that mess was cleaned up, it was time for naps. Naptime didn't exactly go as planned since Piper (my baby by day) woke up mid-nap SCREAMING as if someone was severely hurting her. I tried all I could to get her to go back to sleep but the screaming wouldn't stop. Then Jaden came out of her room with another pair of dirty underwear... So both of these things really put a damper on my afternoon plans of doing a few things around the house. By the time Piper's mom came to pick her up, I had her in her carseat by the door--the only place I could put her without her freaking out and screaming. Ahh, I came so close to screaming myself!!

Wednesday got off to a better start. I got everyone ready and out the door by 8:45am to head to a bakery in Stow for a tour. The preschool parents group we belong to, NHPP, has these types of field trips each week and we often participate. Jaden and Sienna got to walk and I strapped Piper into the baby bjorn for a fun & interesting tour. The only bad part of the tour: I had way too many samples of fantastic bakery items! Oops, not good for the diet! After the field trip ended, we bought some fresh baked goods and brought them home where my sister met us for lunch & to hang out. Lunch was a little crazy since all three kiddos were hungry at once, but we got through it. And we got through a few more of Jaden's accidents... And then Piper's naptime screaming ensued... And then my fortunate sister got to go home to her peaceful, quiet apartment and I got to hang with the kiddos... It wasn't too bad though. And I was sure to climb into bed with a good book at exactly 8pm once Jaden's and Sienna's lights were out :)

Thursday was set to be our best day of the week. With good weather in the forecast, I'd planned a picnic lunch at a brand new playground. But first we had to take Sienna for her 18 month portraits. We got ready and made it to the photography appointment with 4 minutes to spare--which means we left the house by 8:30am! (can you tell I'm trying to learn how to get out of the house early to prep for preschool next year!) Sienna did great during her photos, only for us to later find out there'd been some dust on the camera which caused some of my favorite photos to have spots on them (Hallelulah for PHOTOSHOP!!). We ran a quick errand to Target and then we set out for the park. No sooner did we get there when Jaden had an accident... So I gathered the troops and headed into the bathroom where as I was cleaning up Jaden, Piper had one of her "freak outs" that she's been having at naptime! I was so embarassed and I swear any bystander who didn't see Piper in the bathroom freaking out with nobody doing anything to her would've thought she was being tortured. It was horrible. Nothing adds that special something to an already stressful situation like a screaming baby! I got Jaden all cleaned up and Piper calmed down once we were back outside. We all ate lunch and set out to hit the slides & swings. That is, until Jaden had another accident. By this time we'd literally been down one slide. I was so frustrated even though I know (and have had this confirmed by our pediatrician) that Jaden can't help it and the Miralax just has to run its course. I didn't have any other changes of clothes so we had to pack up and leave. And I had to wipe Jaden down by the car because I wasn't about to head back into the public restroom for fear that Piper would have another incident. The good part though is that we did get to go back to the park last night and enjoyed running, jumping, sliding & swinging for a whole hour with Daddy without any accidents. It was glorious!

So here we are, FRIDAY and can I get a "TGIF!"? I am so excited that it's Friday and that I'll have my wonderful hubby here to help me all weekend. We have a fantastic weekend planned (so look for great photos on Monday, if not sooner!). We're going to a helicopter egg drop / egg hunt, painting our own eggs, visiting the Easter Bunny & getting new spring dress shoes for the girls. It's going to be a great weekend all together. But right now I need to run, because some little baby is screaming her head off.........

Comments

Colbert Family said…
Love your post Bethany! You had us (me and Jim) laughing!! How much Miralax did you give that poor girl? So excited to start following your blog to keep up with you guys (and for some good laughs) and also for some new recipes (are you doing "Fantastic Food Friday" every Friday??) :)!! Love you guys!!

Popular Posts