Fantastic Food Friday!
2 recipes to make you drool and a few other ideas...
Halibut with Citrus Sauce (inspired by Giant Eagle)
Olive Oil spray
2 halibut filets
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt, optional
pepper to taste
1 tsp. crumbled rosemary or chopped parsley
1/2 cup orange juice
Spray shallow pan w/ oil
Place halibut in pan & sprinkle w/ lemon juice, salt, pepper & rosemary (or parsley)
Pour OJ over fish & then spray again w/ olive oil spray
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until fish breaks apart easily w/ fork
It's simple & absolutely delicious!!
Beef Burgundy Stew (inspired by Dinners by the Dozen)
3-4 lbs beef roast cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 oz red wine
8 oz beef broth
2 oz crushed tomato
3 oz cooked bacon pieces (you can now find REAL cooked bacon pieces next to the bacon bits in the salad dressing aisle!)
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
6 oz sliced mushrooms
12 oz diced potatoes (about 4 potatoes)
8 oz pearl onions (or one onion sliced)
8 oz carrots
Put everything above into a crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
Does it get ANY easier than that???? I often buy enough to make 4-5 of this recipe and freeze a few batches!
Since grilling season is upon us, I thought I'd also share with you our ideas for burgers. Growing up my parents were pretty plain and we thought a hamburger was just plain meat on a bun with cheese and maybe onion, lettuce, ketchup & mustard on top. As an adult though, I've learned that the best burgers are perfectly seasoned and even have some yummy ingredients mixed in with the ground beef before the patties are formed. Three types of burgers we've had are: Taco Burgers (mix taco seasoning in w/ ground beef and then form the burger patties & grill, top w/ shredded mexican cheese mix & salsa and eat with either a bun or on a tortilla!); Cajun Burgers (mix cajun seasonings in with the ground beef before grilling, top with your favorite cheese & lettuce & sauce before eating); French Onion burger (mix a packet of Lipton's French Onion Soup powder in w/ ground beef before cooking & top w/ swiss cheese or provalone). I also challenge you if you've not yet tried this: Turkey or Chicken burgers! Both ground turkey & ground chicken are available at your grocer and they make delicious burgers!
And one last idea I thought up this week... Don't you just love being able to go out to lunch and order a nice salad with chilled chicken on top? It's my personal favorite as far as lunches go! Well as of this week, I don't have to go out to have chicken on my lunch salads, and I also don't have to bake or grill a chicken breast each day. How, you ask? Well on Wednesday morning I baked 6 marinated chicken breasts, diced them and divided the pieces into small freezer bags. I froze the little bags and can pull them out one at a time each morning that I feel like a salad! Now I have enough chicken for about 10 salads all ready to go :)
Happy Cooking everyone!
Halibut with Citrus Sauce (inspired by Giant Eagle)
Olive Oil spray
2 halibut filets
1 tsp. lemon juice
salt, optional
pepper to taste
1 tsp. crumbled rosemary or chopped parsley
1/2 cup orange juice
Spray shallow pan w/ oil
Place halibut in pan & sprinkle w/ lemon juice, salt, pepper & rosemary (or parsley)
Pour OJ over fish & then spray again w/ olive oil spray
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until fish breaks apart easily w/ fork
It's simple & absolutely delicious!!
Beef Burgundy Stew (inspired by Dinners by the Dozen)
3-4 lbs beef roast cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 oz red wine
8 oz beef broth
2 oz crushed tomato
3 oz cooked bacon pieces (you can now find REAL cooked bacon pieces next to the bacon bits in the salad dressing aisle!)
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
6 oz sliced mushrooms
12 oz diced potatoes (about 4 potatoes)
8 oz pearl onions (or one onion sliced)
8 oz carrots
Put everything above into a crock pot and cook on low for 7 hours.
Does it get ANY easier than that???? I often buy enough to make 4-5 of this recipe and freeze a few batches!
Since grilling season is upon us, I thought I'd also share with you our ideas for burgers. Growing up my parents were pretty plain and we thought a hamburger was just plain meat on a bun with cheese and maybe onion, lettuce, ketchup & mustard on top. As an adult though, I've learned that the best burgers are perfectly seasoned and even have some yummy ingredients mixed in with the ground beef before the patties are formed. Three types of burgers we've had are: Taco Burgers (mix taco seasoning in w/ ground beef and then form the burger patties & grill, top w/ shredded mexican cheese mix & salsa and eat with either a bun or on a tortilla!); Cajun Burgers (mix cajun seasonings in with the ground beef before grilling, top with your favorite cheese & lettuce & sauce before eating); French Onion burger (mix a packet of Lipton's French Onion Soup powder in w/ ground beef before cooking & top w/ swiss cheese or provalone). I also challenge you if you've not yet tried this: Turkey or Chicken burgers! Both ground turkey & ground chicken are available at your grocer and they make delicious burgers!
And one last idea I thought up this week... Don't you just love being able to go out to lunch and order a nice salad with chilled chicken on top? It's my personal favorite as far as lunches go! Well as of this week, I don't have to go out to have chicken on my lunch salads, and I also don't have to bake or grill a chicken breast each day. How, you ask? Well on Wednesday morning I baked 6 marinated chicken breasts, diced them and divided the pieces into small freezer bags. I froze the little bags and can pull them out one at a time each morning that I feel like a salad! Now I have enough chicken for about 10 salads all ready to go :)
Happy Cooking everyone!


Comments