Quick Update on Many Things!
The North Carolina pics are on their way folks! After sorting through all of them this morning I've selected the ones I'd like to post, but I don't have time to upload all of them right this moment...so stay tuned later today!
***************************************
7 day challenge update:
I DID IT! I officially went one week without chocolate! Actually 8 days now :) I haven't had any cravings over the past few days, even with several bowls of Easter chocolate candy around. I might even lose a few pounds because I used to grab a few pieces of candy at multiple times each day to munch on, and now, I'm not doing that. Even better, my exema / rash on my back has cleared up, which is the main reason I gave up on chocolate. I don't know why allergies just suddenly appear, but I guess I'm going to have to live with this one. Maybe one day the allergy will just disappear and I could indulge again...but until then...
I'm truly doing the 7 day challenges to try to create habits in my own life, as well as to push myself to do things I wouldn't otherwise do. If I know some of you out there in cyberspace are aware of my "challenges", and thus holding me accountable, then I'm much more likely to stick to them! I'm still wearing make-up--all but one day in the past 17, and I plan to avoid chocolate all the time now too.
So...ready for the next challenge? I want to challenge each of YOU to join in me on this one! I am going to NOT EAT OUT for the next 7 days--that's right: no chick-fil-a with the kiddos, no post-church Panera on Sunday, no quick run through a drive through on our way home from Jaden's dance class on Thursday. I am allowing myself one tiny cheat, and only because we have had this planned and I'm using a gift certificate for it--and that is to take one of my bestest friends in the whole world out to dinner on Saturday for her birthday. But for the rest of my meals over the next 7 days, I'll be eating at home, packing a lunch, etc. And one last side-note...I'm traveling this weekend, so there will be NO eating on the road!
Will you join with me on this challenge? Think of all the money & calories we'll be saving!!!
***************************************
Thank you to everyone who contacted me about praying for my nephew. Tests on Monday went well and the results will be explained to my sister Brooke and her husband TJ on May 5th. Keep them and little Preston in your prayers until then and I promise to pass along any and all information as I find out. Praying for a miracle...
***************************************
Did you wear Orange for Stellan Yesterday? Did your pic make it on MckMama's blog?? I dressed up Jaden, Sienna and I all in orange and we looked mighty cute, but I didn't get it captured on camera :-( SO, we might wear orange another day this week while Stellan is still in the hospital to support him and to get a photo of us!
***************************************
7 day challenge update:
I DID IT! I officially went one week without chocolate! Actually 8 days now :) I haven't had any cravings over the past few days, even with several bowls of Easter chocolate candy around. I might even lose a few pounds because I used to grab a few pieces of candy at multiple times each day to munch on, and now, I'm not doing that. Even better, my exema / rash on my back has cleared up, which is the main reason I gave up on chocolate. I don't know why allergies just suddenly appear, but I guess I'm going to have to live with this one. Maybe one day the allergy will just disappear and I could indulge again...but until then...
I'm truly doing the 7 day challenges to try to create habits in my own life, as well as to push myself to do things I wouldn't otherwise do. If I know some of you out there in cyberspace are aware of my "challenges", and thus holding me accountable, then I'm much more likely to stick to them! I'm still wearing make-up--all but one day in the past 17, and I plan to avoid chocolate all the time now too.
So...ready for the next challenge? I want to challenge each of YOU to join in me on this one! I am going to NOT EAT OUT for the next 7 days--that's right: no chick-fil-a with the kiddos, no post-church Panera on Sunday, no quick run through a drive through on our way home from Jaden's dance class on Thursday. I am allowing myself one tiny cheat, and only because we have had this planned and I'm using a gift certificate for it--and that is to take one of my bestest friends in the whole world out to dinner on Saturday for her birthday. But for the rest of my meals over the next 7 days, I'll be eating at home, packing a lunch, etc. And one last side-note...I'm traveling this weekend, so there will be NO eating on the road!
Will you join with me on this challenge? Think of all the money & calories we'll be saving!!!
***************************************
Thank you to everyone who contacted me about praying for my nephew. Tests on Monday went well and the results will be explained to my sister Brooke and her husband TJ on May 5th. Keep them and little Preston in your prayers until then and I promise to pass along any and all information as I find out. Praying for a miracle...
***************************************
Did you wear Orange for Stellan Yesterday? Did your pic make it on MckMama's blog?? I dressed up Jaden, Sienna and I all in orange and we looked mighty cute, but I didn't get it captured on camera :-( SO, we might wear orange another day this week while Stellan is still in the hospital to support him and to get a photo of us!


Comments