The socks have been knocked!

You know the old saying "knock your socks off?" Well hear me out folks, because I'm officially telling that to my kiddos!! That's right--knock your socks OFF Jaden, Sienna and Piper (my baby by day)!! If you see us out and about, don't ask, because you heard it here first--we're officially giving up on socks!

You see, as of today, I've just about had it with socks! I spend a minimum of 10 minutes daily either looking for socks, putting away socks I've found, re-mating the socks I've already nicely put into Jaden's drawer, putting socks on, putting socks BACK on, pulling socks out of my car, and, most fun, running around the grocery store (no joke folks!) looking for socks that one of my girls has taken off and thrown out of the cart! Since I've been doing all of this for the past 3 or so years, it means I've spent approximately ONE WEEK chasing SOCKS! I could've used that week for a vacation or something! haha!

Today in a matter of 20 minutes in a store, not only had Piper removed her socks and completely lost one of them, but Sienna had both her shoes and socks off and on the ground as well. Luckily, I saw Sienna's--wouldn't have wanted to lose those new stride rite's!! I looked everywhere for Piper's missing sock and couldn't find it. I'm sure her mom will forgive me! At least I got a great workout pushing three kiddos a whole extra lap around Giant Eagle looking! Haha!

I've tried putting on those "supposedly un-removable" baby shoes--haha, my girls are apparently smart and have incredible fine-motor skills. Perhaps they should intern at the companies who sell the adorable leather footies. They could create a rating system based upon my girls' skills in shoe removal:

1 girly face: removed in .2 seconds aka, don't even bother wasting your money on me!
2 girly faces: removed in 5 minutes or less, better be ready to go shoe and sock hunting!
3 girly faces: removed in 15 minutes or less, gettin' there but still not so hot!
4 girly faces: removed in 1 hour or less, okay you have time to go on 1 errand b4 I'm off!
5 girly faces: could not be removed, mama's dream come true, go ahead and charge me an arm and a leg if this rating is on 'em cause they're THAT good ha! (good luck shoemakers on those ones--ha!)

I once saw on the cover of National Inquirer an elderly woman who was wondering if her washing machine was "eating" her socks. I'd like to call her up. "Hey lady, do you have grandkids? They're probably swiping your socks and dropping them as they dwaddle along. Yeah, kids like to do that. They're sock obsessed. Head out to your car, your local grocery store and every other place the kids have been and I'm sure you'll locate your socks. Good luck honey!"

What the heck is it about SOCKS?? Do my kiddos need to have their piggies aired out that bad? Don't they understand that they're toes are going to freeze without being properly covered?? HELLO kiddies, we live in OHIO where we're bound to get at least one more surprise snow before we can officially declare spring is here! haha!

Well there you have it. I'm done with socks. For that matter I might be done with shoes too--we somehow don't ever lose shoes, but there's bound to be a first time, so I might as well avoid that! So if you see me and my troop out and about, don't ask me where the socks are, don't look at me funny if the kids toes look cold, and don't think I'm insane. I'll try to throw 'em a blanket to cover their toes if it snows in the near future. But from now on, I'm done chasing after SOCKS!!!

Comments

Popular Posts