Thankfulness Day 2
Last night I had great intentions and plans of posting, but life got in the way, as you can all understand I'm sure! I still wanted to post 10 things that I'm thankful for so consider these 10 for yesterday, especially since most have to do with yesterday anyway :)
Yesterday was a BIG day, and here are some things I'm thankful for because of the day's events!
1. My mom decided to take Sienna to her house for the night which left me with only two kiddos to care for. I'm thankful for the little break I got, especially since Jaden played all afternoon with a friend and I hardly heard a peep from them!
2. I'm thankful for having learned from two great teachers how to make ahead meals and freeze them for my family. Yesterday I made ahead 8 meals and am at it again today!
3. I'm thankful for the new church we've been attending and for the moms I've met there. It is so important to me to have some friends and acquaintances who are raising their children with the faith and values I want to instill in mine. I'm surrounded by many friends like this, and I'm thankful for all of them!
4. I'm thankful for the laptop that I have and the ability to take it anywhere. I thought a lot yesterday about how much using a laptop vs. a desktop has changed my life for the better!
5. I'm thankful that Jaden is trying out a new gymnastics class, and for all of the progress I'm already seeing in her through that class.
6. I'm thankful for some big news I received yesterday. Remember Fall Family Fun Day? Well my Canon Rebel T1i, which I'd had for 2 years 3 months endured a little injury that day and part of the on/off switch broke off. All I did was try to flip the switch and the thing broke. Anyway, I'm thankful that 27 months ago I'd purchased the four-year extended warranty because yesterday I received news that my camera was "junked" and I get to pick up a BRAND NEW CANON REBEL T3i :)
Isn't it gorgeous? If you don't think the camera itself is beautiful, at least admit that the photos it takes are! One reason I didn't post last night was because I spent quite a bit of time at Best Buy making arrangements to get my hands on this camera. I decided to put it on hold last night because when I go back today I get an extra perk--a free $50 Best Buy gift card on top of the brand new camera!
(Right now many of my close friends and family members are thinking to themselves--oh great, another photo-taking "toy" for Bethany to play with and take our picture 3 million more times. Ha! Go ahead and think that, for my children will be so excited one day to have many childhood pictures to look through and good memories to go along with!)
7. I'm thankful for the gorgeous fall color I see looking out our windows. The leaves are in full color right now and only about half have fallen. I will post a photo of our back yard view later.
8. I'm thankful that I was able to clean out my inbox yesterday--down from 200 emails to 16 with plans to work really hard to keep it there!
9. I'm thankful that I didn't have to pay a drycleaning bill on my duvet that Sienna accidentally peed on during a nap the other day. Since it's synthetic down, drycleaning was recommended, but there was also an option to wash on gentle and dry on low which I did and saved both time and money!
10. And now for a really BIG one....I mean bigger than a free $900 camera! Yesterday Scott came home with some news. We have been in negotiations for a month with potential buyers and last afternoon they finally accepted our price! We no longer will own this home so long as everything goes well!!
I am INCREDIBLY thankful for this. What a weight off of everyone's shoulders right before the holidays. We moved out 10 months ago and have had it listed for 7. That home holds a million or more great memories, but we are glad to let it go. I'm praying everything from here goes smoothly and that we will have it off our hands officially very soon :)
Of course I could say a lot more that I'm thankful for, but we'll leave some things for today and the rest of this month. Yesterday was a huge day full of big things to be thankful for, but even if nothing incredible had happened I would still have easily found many blessings to share. God is SO good, no matter what.
Yesterday was a BIG day, and here are some things I'm thankful for because of the day's events!
1. My mom decided to take Sienna to her house for the night which left me with only two kiddos to care for. I'm thankful for the little break I got, especially since Jaden played all afternoon with a friend and I hardly heard a peep from them!
2. I'm thankful for having learned from two great teachers how to make ahead meals and freeze them for my family. Yesterday I made ahead 8 meals and am at it again today!
3. I'm thankful for the new church we've been attending and for the moms I've met there. It is so important to me to have some friends and acquaintances who are raising their children with the faith and values I want to instill in mine. I'm surrounded by many friends like this, and I'm thankful for all of them!
4. I'm thankful for the laptop that I have and the ability to take it anywhere. I thought a lot yesterday about how much using a laptop vs. a desktop has changed my life for the better!
5. I'm thankful that Jaden is trying out a new gymnastics class, and for all of the progress I'm already seeing in her through that class.
6. I'm thankful for some big news I received yesterday. Remember Fall Family Fun Day? Well my Canon Rebel T1i, which I'd had for 2 years 3 months endured a little injury that day and part of the on/off switch broke off. All I did was try to flip the switch and the thing broke. Anyway, I'm thankful that 27 months ago I'd purchased the four-year extended warranty because yesterday I received news that my camera was "junked" and I get to pick up a BRAND NEW CANON REBEL T3i :)
Isn't it gorgeous? If you don't think the camera itself is beautiful, at least admit that the photos it takes are! One reason I didn't post last night was because I spent quite a bit of time at Best Buy making arrangements to get my hands on this camera. I decided to put it on hold last night because when I go back today I get an extra perk--a free $50 Best Buy gift card on top of the brand new camera!
(Right now many of my close friends and family members are thinking to themselves--oh great, another photo-taking "toy" for Bethany to play with and take our picture 3 million more times. Ha! Go ahead and think that, for my children will be so excited one day to have many childhood pictures to look through and good memories to go along with!)
7. I'm thankful for the gorgeous fall color I see looking out our windows. The leaves are in full color right now and only about half have fallen. I will post a photo of our back yard view later.
8. I'm thankful that I was able to clean out my inbox yesterday--down from 200 emails to 16 with plans to work really hard to keep it there!
9. I'm thankful that I didn't have to pay a drycleaning bill on my duvet that Sienna accidentally peed on during a nap the other day. Since it's synthetic down, drycleaning was recommended, but there was also an option to wash on gentle and dry on low which I did and saved both time and money!
10. And now for a really BIG one....I mean bigger than a free $900 camera! Yesterday Scott came home with some news. We have been in negotiations for a month with potential buyers and last afternoon they finally accepted our price! We no longer will own this home so long as everything goes well!!
I am INCREDIBLY thankful for this. What a weight off of everyone's shoulders right before the holidays. We moved out 10 months ago and have had it listed for 7. That home holds a million or more great memories, but we are glad to let it go. I'm praying everything from here goes smoothly and that we will have it off our hands officially very soon :)
Of course I could say a lot more that I'm thankful for, but we'll leave some things for today and the rest of this month. Yesterday was a huge day full of big things to be thankful for, but even if nothing incredible had happened I would still have easily found many blessings to share. God is SO good, no matter what.





Comments
Can't wait to see all your awesome pictures you'll be taken from the new camera!!