Mommy's New Toy

On Tuesday night, I picked up one of these:


And officially entered the world of IPHONE!  Whew, finally :)  I've longed for an iphone ever since they came out because Scott had gotten me the first generation itouch and I loved it.  However, we didn't have AT&T, so I had to wait until iphone was available to other carriers.  Then I had to wait until I was up for a new phone.  And THEN I chose to wait all summer and most of fall so that I could get the newest version.  I ordered it earlier this month through our friend (thanks Alex for everything!) and it finally was in on Tuesday.

It's always a little bit of a challenge to adapt to a new type of phone, but apple couldn't have made a more user-friendly device to learn how to operate.  When I say I'm LOVING my new phone, that might still be an understatement.

So far we've mastered taking photos with my phone (so easy of course, and they turn out very clear and crisp!):

(Bristol showing off her "soooo big!")

(Jaden and Sienna dividing beads by color before they made the bracelets I posted here)

And I've been able to capture some videos, my favorite being this one of Bristol showing off one of her newest tricks:


I'm so excited that I might even have to participate in "Insta-Friday" now and again when I get used to using my phone for capturing pictures!

life rearranged

I've downloaded some apps, you know the necessary basics--facebook, twitter, blogger, pinterest, gasbuddy, flashlight, pandora radio, netflix, instagram and words with friends.  I'm planning to download angry birds since my girls love it and a few others that were recommended to me.  If you're reading this now and have any apps that I should look at getting, please tell me about them!

I've tried out Siri and on our first interaction she didn't listen that well to me, but now we're getting the hang of one another.  I think it'll be a great tool for when I'm driving and think of a text I'd like to send.  Or if I'm just too lazy to type something :)

I'm truly amazed at how far phones have come in just two years.  My last phone was a blackberry storm 2 and this iphone is at least one hundred times more advanced.  It reminds me of back in the day when computers went from DOS to Windows.  I mean seriously, it's that different!

Thanks to my wonderful hubby for the belated birthday gift.  I will cherish it every single time I pick it up to make a call, check my email or play around with one of the apps.  I'll think of you when I run with it and listen to music on it.  It is the perfect phone for me!

Comments

Jessica said…
LOVE my iPhone! I don't know how I survived without mine! :) Have fun with yours!
Life Happens said…
I am waiting for my contract to end so I can join the world of iphones too! Do you have the new
4S phone? I LOVE how crisp the pictures are.

Can't wait until I can get one, hopefully soon!

Popular Posts