Dear Cousin Ivy

Hi there, it's Bristol, or Baby B as my mommy often calls me on here!  She thinks I'm napping right now, but actually I've hijacked her computer and our family blog because I wanted to write to my cousin Ivy.

Dear Cousin Ivy,

My mommy came home on Sunday and told me all about how she got to meet you in Maryland over the weekend.  I am jealous that you got to go and I had to stay home.  Mommy said something about wanting to sleep in and have a few glasses of chardonnay without having to worry about me and my sisters; blah, blah, blah, she should just go to sleep at 7pm like I do and then she wouldn't even want to sleep in :)


Mommy told me that you were wearing the same comfy outfit that I have and she couldn't wait to have me wear it this week so that she could snap some photos of me in it.  You and I must both have great tastes in clothes.  Mommy may think she's picking out my outfit each day, but I just spit up all over the things I don't like.  I try not to spit up on this outfit though since it's one of my daddy's favorites and I like it too.


I can't wait to meet you this Christmas.  Mommy says you are tiny compared to me, and not moving around too much yet, but don't worry, on Christmas Eve I'll teach you my rolling skills.  I'll also show you how I crawl.  I just started and am perfecting my technique, but by Christmas I'll be a pro.  Maybe you'll be sitting up by then and I can crawl around you.


You, me and cousin Danielle will all have a great time this Christmas together.  We'll steal the show for sure.  Forget your Grandpa's eggnog I've heard my daddy mention; it'll be all about us.  This year will just be the beginning too.  Wait until future years when we can all run around together!  I'm so glad my daddy's cousins had you and Danielle so that I could have some good friends my age to play with. 


You should bring your outfit just like mine and we can wear them together.  We'll both try not to mess up ourselves in them, okay?  That might be harder for me than you since not only do I spit up a lot, but this crawling thing I'm doing now makes my knees get covered in dog hair sometimes.  Plus I get messy some nights at dinner when mommy feeds me the foods she has made for me.  Especially when she serves green beans--yuck!


I can't wait to meet you and for us to have a good time together.  Be a good girl between now and Christmas Eve--my big sisters tell me that not only do we get to meet you this Christmas, but there's this man called Santa Claus who brings all the good little boys and girls some new toys that day.  Maybe he'll bring us a new teething ring or a book for our mommies and daddies to read to us.  But we have to be good little babies in order for him to come!


Well, I think I hear my mommy finishing up the dishes and she's going to be looking for her computer to check email in a few minutes.  I better get back in my bed.  Bubye Ivy, see you in December!

Hugs and Kisses (sorry in advance if they're sloppy wet ones),
Your Cousin Birstol

Shhh bloggy readers--don't tell my mommy I've been on here!  She thinks I'm so smart for just raising my arms for "soooo big!"--she has no idea how smart I really am ;-)

Comments

Corey said…
Hi Cousin Bristol!

It's so nice to see more photos of you, but I really can't wait to meet you in person at Christmas! I'm definitely packing my little sweater outfit so we can match; I'm sure all the adults will coo and squeal to see us in our matching outfits! It will be easy to tell us apart though -- you'll be the one with all the beautiful hair! I'm still working on growing some myself...one of these days...

I can't wait for you to show me all your tricks -- sitting and crawling look so fun, but I haven't quite figured them out yet. Hopefully you can help me on Christmas! I love that I have you and Danielle to grow up with -- and Jaden, Sienna, and Alexa to teach us so many things.

I'm sending you big, drooly kisses and saving up a bunch more for when I see in just over a month!!!

See you soon, Cousin Bristol!

xoxoxo
Cindy Bailey said…
Awww my goodness, what a sweet post! Bristol you sure are a smart little one and i hope that Santa is extra g to you and your sisters and cousins this year. I can't wait to hear all about it and see your Christmas pics.

Popular Posts