Christmas is coming
First of all, I wanted to share our turkey decoration that we made this year which hung in the same place as the ghosts we made last month:
Aren't the girls' hand prints cute? Bristol couldn't keep still so hers is a little smeared, but still very adorable. I've loved having these hung in my kitchen. Next up, we'll be hanging up a hand print Christmas tree on that peg!
Last night we started decorating for Christmas. I have to admit, decorating for Christmas is an overwhelming chore for me, especially this year. We have SO MANY decorations (most handed down from my mom and grandma making them extra meaningful) and now we have a new house that we have to find places for each in. To further complicate things, my mom actually headed up the packing of all things Christmas last year when we were days away from moving, so unlike most years, I've had no idea which things are in which box until we unpack and unwrap every single item. Whew...
The best part of last night though was finding our large colored lights which I had a bit of fun with. I wrapped them around Bristol and had a little photo shoot with her:
I'm hoping to take some more photos with the lights and play around with overhead lighting and the camera settings to make them brighter photos overall. I didn't have much time last night to play; there were too many boxes to unpack!
We got about 30% done with our Christmas decorating last night. We would've gotten more out except that we couldn't find the base for our artificial tree! We have NO CLUE what happened to it in our move. All we know is that we didn't use the artificial tree last year and we're not sure why the base wasn't in the box with the rest of the tree...
I had fun finding places for all of the Christmas pictures and hanging them up. I used those removable picture hangers so that I didn't have to put extra nail holes into my walls--love those things! Tonight we're going to get the tree up and tomorrow I'll finish up the odds and ends. My goal is to be done by December 1st :)
Christmas decorating might be overwhelming to me, but you know what isn't the least bit stressful for this mama? Making Christmas bows...
I made those three green / red / white bows for the girls to wear with some holiday shirts they have. I found green and red stripes on clearance in all three of my girls sizes so I can't wait for them to wear these bows, a holiday shirt, jean skirt and their funky tights!
I also made bows for their snowman dresses:
Next up: making bows for their holiday dresses. We have a red and black theme going on this year. I feel like red and black is a recurring theme for our holiday outfits and one of these days I'm determined to go GREEN! Green is my FAVORITE color and I always feel like it gets left out in terms of Christmas colors. Anyone out there know what I mean? Try finding green dresses and you'll see what I mean...
Well, I have a VERY fussy baby this afternoon who is struggling with her nap so I better try rocking her for the third time and then get dinner going! I will post some photos of our Christmas decorations once they are all up :)
Aren't the girls' hand prints cute? Bristol couldn't keep still so hers is a little smeared, but still very adorable. I've loved having these hung in my kitchen. Next up, we'll be hanging up a hand print Christmas tree on that peg!
Last night we started decorating for Christmas. I have to admit, decorating for Christmas is an overwhelming chore for me, especially this year. We have SO MANY decorations (most handed down from my mom and grandma making them extra meaningful) and now we have a new house that we have to find places for each in. To further complicate things, my mom actually headed up the packing of all things Christmas last year when we were days away from moving, so unlike most years, I've had no idea which things are in which box until we unpack and unwrap every single item. Whew...
The best part of last night though was finding our large colored lights which I had a bit of fun with. I wrapped them around Bristol and had a little photo shoot with her:
I'm hoping to take some more photos with the lights and play around with overhead lighting and the camera settings to make them brighter photos overall. I didn't have much time last night to play; there were too many boxes to unpack!
We got about 30% done with our Christmas decorating last night. We would've gotten more out except that we couldn't find the base for our artificial tree! We have NO CLUE what happened to it in our move. All we know is that we didn't use the artificial tree last year and we're not sure why the base wasn't in the box with the rest of the tree...
I had fun finding places for all of the Christmas pictures and hanging them up. I used those removable picture hangers so that I didn't have to put extra nail holes into my walls--love those things! Tonight we're going to get the tree up and tomorrow I'll finish up the odds and ends. My goal is to be done by December 1st :)
Christmas decorating might be overwhelming to me, but you know what isn't the least bit stressful for this mama? Making Christmas bows...
I made those three green / red / white bows for the girls to wear with some holiday shirts they have. I found green and red stripes on clearance in all three of my girls sizes so I can't wait for them to wear these bows, a holiday shirt, jean skirt and their funky tights!
I also made bows for their snowman dresses:
Next up: making bows for their holiday dresses. We have a red and black theme going on this year. I feel like red and black is a recurring theme for our holiday outfits and one of these days I'm determined to go GREEN! Green is my FAVORITE color and I always feel like it gets left out in terms of Christmas colors. Anyone out there know what I mean? Try finding green dresses and you'll see what I mean...
Well, I have a VERY fussy baby this afternoon who is struggling with her nap so I better try rocking her for the third time and then get dinner going! I will post some photos of our Christmas decorations once they are all up :)

















Comments