PinterTest 2
It's time for PinterTest #2 with the Johnsons! I'm linking up with all of the pins I've tried out this month.

This month, I've been pretty busy in the Pinterest department! I said this last month, and I'm sure this won't be the last time I say it, but I believe that if I'm going to take the time to pin something, I want to do something with it. I'm not going to waste time on pinterest and then not do anything with the ideas I pin!
I started off this month shamelessly pinning my very own bow tutorial. I figured, why not? If it means getting the tutorial out there and putting more pretty bows on little girls' heads, then it's worthwhile :) I also made a few of my own bows. Bristol's modeling the white one I made through the tutorial below.
If you have any questions about making bows of your own, I'm happy to answer :)
I also made two more hair accessories for Baby B. I used this pin to make a flower:
...and it turned out great for Bristol's 6-month portraits! I highly recommend this flower as it was easy, quick and looks adorable. I may even make a few as pins for myself!
I also made a flower using this pin:
But I actually used felt:
I apologize for not having a close-up to post right now. That tutorial took slightly more time than the first flower, but still was done in about 15-20 minutes. I made my circles smaller than what was described in the tutorial since I wanted a smaller flower for a little head. I'm going to try to make more of these in various sizes soon!
I also put this pin to use this month:
I bought a plain white canvas, painted it black with acrylic paint that cost me less than a dollar, then painted my girls' feet and put the footprints on the canvas. Finally, I turned their little footprints into happy lil ghosts. I stapled the black and orange ribbon onto the back of the canvas and then hung it from a fancy hook. Voila! In about a half hour, not including drying time the cutest halloween decoration we own was made:
I had to melt three separate batches of marshmallows with margarine, and two of the three batches with food coloring:
Then added rice crispies to the marshmallow mixture and layered each color in bread pans:
Then let them set overnight:
The next morning they popped right out of the pans like this:
I cut each pan lengthwise into 3 long "slices." Then I cut each "slice" into triangles to create the look of candy-corn rice crispie treats.
I made a double batch, just FYI--so a single batch would've just made one pan of these which could be cut into about 27-30 little candy corns.
Another pin I used (actually at the end of September, but I didn't post it last month) was this one:
Using the technique I saw on the pin, I created this special birthday wreath:
I actually like the larger balloons better, but tiny water balloons were on sale for 400 / $1 while larger balloons were going to cost me $7 for 100. So, frugal side won out. In the end though, being frugal did cost me time because having to pin about 1400 water balloons took hours! So looking back, I'd probably just spend the money on the larger balloons. Anyway, this wreath did turn out cute and looks great up close. Jaden and Sienna both felt special when we hung it for their birthdays :)
And the final pin we used this month was this one:
Using hershey kisses, mini pretzel sticks, mini nilla wafers and icing, I set Jaden and Sienna up for some sugary fun. I showed them one example and then they made a bunch. They loved making these edible acorns and even more, they loved eating them!
Oh yeah, and I don't want to leave these out, even though I don't have any photos to prove that I made them:
I followed the recipe exactly and mine turned out looking the same way these ones did. It was a success, although they were a little too cheesy for my own tastes. Jaden and Scott loved the cheesy pizza bites though! I would definitely recommend them if you like cheese!
So as you can see, it's been a fun month trying out a LOT of ideas found on pinterest! I love that site, but I love trying the things I pin even more :)



























Comments
i can't decide which is my favorite. i'm thinking the candy corn rice krispies. it's a tough choice. everything turned out so great!
and you have the most adorable hair bow model i ever did see. dying!!
thanks for linking up! :)