Weight Loss Wednesday, Kindergarten "Feast" & Bristol in her high chair

Well, it's "Weight Loss Wednesday" and I've got nothing much to report.  Last week at my mom's I didn't weigh in, but I'm sure I gained a pound or two.  It's always SO hard to eat well when I go to Columbus--the temptation to eat the yummy foods from home that I can't get up here where we live is just so strong!  Today I weighed in at exactly the same weight as I was two weeks ago today.  I'm okay with that, but I hope next week the scale will budge.

I was so excited to report last night that I ran my first 3-miler.  Today I longed for that runner's "high" and it took all I had not to run again tonight.  This coming from the girl who bawled her eyes out in 6th grade when the track coach signed me up to run a 400 at a meet.  I laugh inside at my former self as I run each time.  It's amazing how I made this decision to teach myself to run and it is quickly becoming a part of my life.

I'm a little concerned about the winter months ahead.  If any runners are reading this, can you tell me how to handle Ohio winters and running?  Please, please don't tell me my only answer is a treadmill.  While I have one in our home and access to them at my gym, I LOVE running outside and I fear my momentum will be lost once I'm facing snow and ice on the roads :(  I'm trying not to worry about it just yet and to just enjoy the amazing running weather coming up this fall!

On a totally different subject, tonight we let Jaden choose anything she'd like to eat as a pre-first-day-of-kindergarten "feast."  Of all things our girl chose mac n cheese and potato chips.  Not exactly the most healthy meal, but that's what she wanted so that's what she got!


We will have another favorite meal of hers on Monday night, along with some first day of school treats to get her pumped up for her real first day on Tuesday.  Tomorrow is just orientation and I'll be accompanying her the entire time.  Goodness I can't believe I have a child going to real SCHOOL!


Tonight we read the story The Kissing Hand and we'll read it again Monday night.  Jaden was SO touched by the story and when I kissed her hand after the story she thought it was so special.  She told me that even when I die someday she'll still have my love because of that kiss.  Moments like my kissing her hand are so meaningful to Jaden.

I'm totally all over the place now, but I can't help but share this picture of Bristol sitting in a high chair for the first time today:


She's been eating cereal in her Bumbo seat for a few weeks now, but tomorrow we'll try it in her high chair.  I could tell she enjoyed being up at our level as she played with a few toys tonight while we ate dinner.   I can't believe how quickly my baby is growing up!

Tomorrow I promise to post a more congruent narrative...haha!  Happy Wednesday everyone :)

Comments

Jenn said…
I too hate running on the treadmill or dreadmill as I like to call it! I run out side during the winter as long as it’s not too icy. Invest in some good under armor, wear layers and you should be good to go. Now, since you live in NE Ohio you get a bit more snow then we do down here in C-bus so that could pose a challenge. So glad you are enjoying running! Maybe we can do the 1/2 down here in C-bus come May? :)

Popular Posts