Little Gym & Little Scientists
I cannot believe it's only Tuesday night. We've had such a whirlwind couple of days that I could swear it's Thursday night by now!
Yesterday, when I posted about Sienna and mentioned her stubborn phase, I was almost afraid that I was jinxing myself. When Sienna was going through her super-duper-stubborn phase earlier this year she quit both Little Gym and her dance class. She went from LOVING these activities one week to suddenly refusing to go the next. By this past June she was talking about wanting to get back into both dance and gymnastics and all summer long she's been excited for her classes to begin once again.
Yesterday both Jaden and Sienna began their new class at The Little Gym and they both did GREAT! I was very impressed at how Sienna got right in and participated as if she'd never missed a beat. I was proud of Jaden because from what I could see from the lobby, she wasn't too bossy to her sister (something I'd worried about since big sister J likes to give advice to her little sis constantly). Both girls showed off their skills that we've been practicing in the backyard all summer and were challenged by their teachers to work on new skills. I'm looking forward to seeing their progress this year!
Today we went to the Great Lakes Science Center. On Tuesdays children get in for free, so we loved the discount, but it was a little crowded. We'll have to go back sometime once school's in session so that Jaden and Sienna can try out a few things they wanted to do today, but couldn't due to all of the kids there.
All three girls enjoyed themselves very much at the science center and learned a few new things. Their favorite exhibits were the kid's area and the Mars exhibit. My favorite part was getting to eat lunch outside overlooking Lake Erie on this gorgeous end-of-summer day!
I'll post more about this tomorrow, but I just have to mention it tonight. I ran THREE whole miles tonight! THREE,WHOLE.MILES--NONSTOP :) It is the furthest I've ever run and I feel so great about myself now having completed this milestone. I'm signing up for my first 5k which I'll run in mid-September. Can't wait!
Yesterday, when I posted about Sienna and mentioned her stubborn phase, I was almost afraid that I was jinxing myself. When Sienna was going through her super-duper-stubborn phase earlier this year she quit both Little Gym and her dance class. She went from LOVING these activities one week to suddenly refusing to go the next. By this past June she was talking about wanting to get back into both dance and gymnastics and all summer long she's been excited for her classes to begin once again.
Yesterday both Jaden and Sienna began their new class at The Little Gym and they both did GREAT! I was very impressed at how Sienna got right in and participated as if she'd never missed a beat. I was proud of Jaden because from what I could see from the lobby, she wasn't too bossy to her sister (something I'd worried about since big sister J likes to give advice to her little sis constantly). Both girls showed off their skills that we've been practicing in the backyard all summer and were challenged by their teachers to work on new skills. I'm looking forward to seeing their progress this year!
Today we went to the Great Lakes Science Center. On Tuesdays children get in for free, so we loved the discount, but it was a little crowded. We'll have to go back sometime once school's in session so that Jaden and Sienna can try out a few things they wanted to do today, but couldn't due to all of the kids there.
All three girls enjoyed themselves very much at the science center and learned a few new things. Their favorite exhibits were the kid's area and the Mars exhibit. My favorite part was getting to eat lunch outside overlooking Lake Erie on this gorgeous end-of-summer day!
I'll post more about this tomorrow, but I just have to mention it tonight. I ran THREE whole miles tonight! THREE,WHOLE.MILES--NONSTOP :) It is the furthest I've ever run and I feel so great about myself now having completed this milestone. I'm signing up for my first 5k which I'll run in mid-September. Can't wait!





Comments