Birthday Shenanigans Part II

Even though it's been a week and two days since my birthday weekend ended, I still wanted to share these photos and memories.  If nothing else, since I'm trying to make this our family's virtual scrapbook it will be a place for me to look back on for details when I'm putting together our actual scrapbooks with these photos :)

I left off with my birthday celebrating at making cake pops with Jaden and Sienna.  Let's just say that as time consuming as they ended up being, they were SO.WORTH.IT!  They tasted delicious and we didn't even capture a photo of anyone eating them because we were all too busy stuffing our mouths with their yummy goodness!  ha!

On Saturday July 30th, my actual birthday, we all packed up and headed to the lake.  We were supposed to head straight to Put-In-Bay on the boat, but we got there too late and decided to just take a ride on the boat and grab lunch nearby.  After a delicious lunch we took this family photo and then relaxed as my father-in-law drove us back over the water to the lakehouse.

Along the way we passed Cedar Point, which we often go by on our boat rides.  It reminded me that my birthday shenanigans actually began two full weeks before my birthday when my sister and her boyfriend gifted Scott and I tickets to Cedar Point as an early birthday present.  We had such a great time riding the coasters and other thrilling rides.



This is the newest ride at Cedar Point:

Let me tell you:  I will ride roller coasters until the day I die, but don't think you'll ever catch me on this "Windseeker" ever again.  It was SO high and SO scary.  I immediately started sweating as we got to the top and then I thought I was going to fall out of my seat because I was slippery from the sweat!  It's funny now, but at the time I was terrified.  This ride is like a REALLY tall swing ride and while some people, like Scott, loved it, I'm not a fan.  Now Millenium Force....that's more this girl's speed :)

I digress...

We snapped a few quick photos on the boat before we went back into the lake house, and then took a few more in the house before Jaden, Sienna and I got ready for a swim in the pool while Bristol napped and Scott kept watch over her.




After our swim it was pretty much time for dinner and bed...and cake pops of course!  Scott and I ended my birthday evening out on the deck of the house talking and his dad joined us for awhile.  It was a great day and a beautiful evening.

The next morning we arose bright and early and immediately got everyone ready for Put-In-Bay.  Bristol was excited for her first trip to the Bay and her first golf cart ride!

While Jaden and Sienna played on the new playground, my father-in-law, his friend and her two daughters all went looking for the biggest golf cart they could find.  Put-In-Bay, for any of you who don't know, is an island on Lake Erie with great restaurants, some fun excursions you can go on, a winery, some crazy nightlife / bands, etc.  While you can take a car to the island via a ferry, we usually do not.  Golf carts are plentiful for rent and are a fun way to get around the island!


Nine of us loaded up on the golf cart limousine as we called it and began touring the island.  We saw some of our favorite spots...

the chicken patio (super yummy fresh-made chicken with homemade sauce):


Frostys...best pizza in town:


and Hooligans...my favorite restaurant on the island as well as a fun place to people watch:

We saw quite a bit of the island and then decided to stop to try out a newer restaurant called Goat for lunch.  I will be the first to admit that I was skeptical about this place, if for nothing else than at least because of the name, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  Our entire table, other than Jaden and Sienna, all ordered Perch Tacos (Lake Erie Perch of course) and they were so delicious that I may need to go back before the season's over for more!

Bristol was being silly at lunch in her stroller...I can't complain about this girl, she was quite the little trooper as we did our sight-seeing and eating that day!

After lunch Jaden and Sienna were pretending to drive the "limo" and then a girl offered to take our group photo on it.  Is that thing a beast or what??  haha!



We drove around the rest of the island we hadn't seen prior to lunch and saw The Boardwalk (known for their lobster bisque)...
Perry's Monument:

and The Boathouse (one of many restaurants / bars right in town that hosts bands every weekend of the summer):

Bristol snoozed while we saw the sights.  I'm thankful she's got such a "go with the flow" personality.  Jaden and Sienna on the other hand were a little whiny after lunch and couldn't wait until it was time to return the "limo" so that they could go on the...

CAROUSEL!



We all got a treat after their ride from the ice cream / candy store and then got ready to head back to the boat.  I couldn't resist having the girls all pose on one of the canons in the island park before we left.  I'll have to find past year's photos of Jaden and Sienna on the canons.

The hour-long ride back to the house was peaceful and helped to cool all of us off since it was an extremely hot and humid day.  When we got back Scott showed the big girls some minnows near the boat dock which really interested them.  They were fascinated.  Next time we try to get them to swim in the lake though, I'm not so sure they'll be willing!



We ended a jam-packed fun-filled weekend with one more splash in the pool before we packed up and headed home.  It had been one heck of a great birthday weekend and although we were tired from all the fun, it was definitely worth it!





Here's to making my 29th year the best one yet :) 

Comments

Life Happens said…
Happy belated birthday. Looks like you guys had a great time celebrating. I love your swimsuit. Very cute. I think Bristol looks a lot like your hubby.

Popular Posts