Oh Columbus!
We've spent the past 6 days in Columbus and to say we've had a very full, fun week is a huge understatement. This week was awesome for all of us--I got some extra time to relax each day thanks to help from my family and little girls who were tired out by evening and went to bed easily. Jaden and Sienna got to enjoy time with their Grammy, Aunt Mandy and Uncle Seth and also had fun on our favorite Columbus excursions. Last night I seriously sat down and wished we had another week to spend at my mom's because I could use some more time without anything on the calendar :)
On Sunday we got here early and I dropped off the girls at my mom's so that I could head down to my college roommate's house for a baby shower. Our friend Megan is expecting her first baby, a little girl, in September and we spent some time celebrating her. Unfortunately I took zero photos at the shower. It was a very nice time though!
On Monday we headed to COSI. This museum is fun for children and adults alike, so we always look forward to our annual summer visit.
Baby B's bumbo seat kept floating in the pool, so I held it down while she splashed in the cool water. She was only in the water for about 15 minutes, but it wore her out like you wouldn't believe! While she napped that afternoon Jaden and Sienna watched Tangled with Uncle Seth and that night I got to meet my college roommates for dinner at PF Changs while my mom took care of my 3 little princesses.
Yesterday (Friday) we all got up early and headed out to the zoo. We'd gotten to go to the Columbus Zoo back in June, but it's impossible to see every exhibit in one day when your group is mostly made up of young children so we made it our mission to see all of the animals we hadn't seen two months ago.
We headed straight to the reptile building where we saw a bunch of species of turtles, snakes, frogs and lizards.
Last night we met my former college roommate and good friend Meredith and her little dog puddles for ice cream and my girls got a kick out of watching Puddles (the dog) eat her vanilla ice cream and then do a few tricks for them. Bristol was pretty vocal about wanting a lick of my cone so I did give her a tiny taste. She started eating cereal two weeks ago and now she thinks that anything I'm eating should be shared with her--haha. Not so fast Baby B! In due time you'll be trying out many new flavors :)
So long Columbus--it's been a fabulous week. I am so blessed to have a mom who welcomes us to practically take over her entire home and who makes sure each of us has a great time on our visits. Can't wait for our next trip down Mom! Thank you, love you :)
Now onto enjoying our final 5 days of summer before little Jadie-girl starts KINDERGARTEN! Happy Saturday everyone!
On Sunday we got here early and I dropped off the girls at my mom's so that I could head down to my college roommate's house for a baby shower. Our friend Megan is expecting her first baby, a little girl, in September and we spent some time celebrating her. Unfortunately I took zero photos at the shower. It was a very nice time though!
On Monday we headed to COSI. This museum is fun for children and adults alike, so we always look forward to our annual summer visit.
Sienna watching the Foucault Pendulum--the same one that I used to watch in awe as a kid
Jaden and Sienna digging in a sand / mud / rock combination looking for who knows what!
I'm lifting something VERY heavy...can you guess what?
A car!
Pilot Sienna transports a sick patient in her helicopter as Nurse Jaden cars for the ailed woman
Once her "patient" is safely at the hospital Jaden checks my heartbeat, and claims she can't hear anything (haha)
Bristol Grace was a little angel relaxing and napping in the stroller all day while we walked around and played at each exhibit.
We ALL had a great time at COSI and now we have a membership so we'll be sure to go more often when we're visiting my mom. It has become Jaden and Sienna's favorite spot in Columbus and I'm sure Bristol will enjoy it as she grows up too. Best of all, even Mama here has fun there and always learns some new scientific facts!
On Tuesday we had a lazy, relaxing morning and then I took the girls to the mall to look for some tennis shoes for school. We had plans to play at the mall playground, but it was super crowded so I talked the girls into just heading back to Grammy's house to hang out. My cousin Tomisa visited with us that night and we shared some good laughs with her, my mom, my brother and sister.
On Wednesday, at Jaden and Sienna's request, we had a repeat morning of Tuesday--lazy & relaxing. We've been on-the-go early every morning for the past four weeks as the girls were involved in daily swim lessons, so we all needed these days of just hanging out in our PJs for a few hours playing, watching TV and lying around.
After Bristol woke up from her morning nap we headed to the splash pad near my mom's house. Jaden and Sienna love this park almost as much as they love swimming in a pool. What's nice is that there is a dry park right next to the wet area so they have lots to keep them occupied! I packed snacks and sat at a table in a central location so that I could hang out with Bristol while the girls ran from the splash pad to the playground and back over and over and over.
I took a bunch of action shots of both girls as they played and had fun. I LOVE these photos--these two sure do know how to make the simplest things such a blast!
After two hours of expending all the energy these girls had it was time for some rest. What sweet bliss it was for me to have all 3 of my girls nap for about two hours! The big girls rarely nap anymore, but they needed it after how much we'd packed into these first few days in town. After naps we helped my mom clean her house for a few hours and went out for a late dinner at a Mexican restaurant.
Thursday morning we had plans to hang out with my brother, and we decided we'd fill the little pool my mom has for all of the girls to play in it. Even Bristol joined her big sisters in the water for awhile!
Baby B's bumbo seat kept floating in the pool, so I held it down while she splashed in the cool water. She was only in the water for about 15 minutes, but it wore her out like you wouldn't believe! While she napped that afternoon Jaden and Sienna watched Tangled with Uncle Seth and that night I got to meet my college roommates for dinner at PF Changs while my mom took care of my 3 little princesses.
Yesterday (Friday) we all got up early and headed out to the zoo. We'd gotten to go to the Columbus Zoo back in June, but it's impossible to see every exhibit in one day when your group is mostly made up of young children so we made it our mission to see all of the animals we hadn't seen two months ago.
We headed straight to the reptile building where we saw a bunch of species of turtles, snakes, frogs and lizards.
The girls called these two snakes "love snakes" because they were all snuggled up with one another:
After reptiles, we saw the Australian and Asian animals including some interesting birds and Sienna's #1 request of the day--the Koala bears.
When we arrived at the Orangutan exhibit, we saw a bunch of zookeepers and other bystanders looking closely at the three animals. I wondered what the commotion was all about and found out that the two lines pictured below had just been placed early that morning. Everyone was gathered to see if any of the Orangutans would swing on them, or even better, go across. To the zookeepers' amazement we all got to witness Orangutan Sally Sue go across and once she swung down everyone clapped and cheered!
We wanted to go on the boat ride through the Australian and Asian exhibits, but this little girl was too little :( In order to ride, you have to be able to walk on your own and sit in your own seatbelt. Next year baby girl! We all rode the carousel instead which helped to dry up Jaden and Sienna's sad tears.
We wrapped up our morning at the zoo with an aquarium visit and then we watched the manatees for awhile. It was lunchtime for the mammals and I watched in awe as four manatees and a sea turtle ate piece after piece after piece of lettuce. I find that the older I get, the more I find everything that animals do amazing!
Last night we met my former college roommate and good friend Meredith and her little dog puddles for ice cream and my girls got a kick out of watching Puddles (the dog) eat her vanilla ice cream and then do a few tricks for them. Bristol was pretty vocal about wanting a lick of my cone so I did give her a tiny taste. She started eating cereal two weeks ago and now she thinks that anything I'm eating should be shared with her--haha. Not so fast Baby B! In due time you'll be trying out many new flavors :)
So long Columbus--it's been a fabulous week. I am so blessed to have a mom who welcomes us to practically take over her entire home and who makes sure each of us has a great time on our visits. Can't wait for our next trip down Mom! Thank you, love you :)
Now onto enjoying our final 5 days of summer before little Jadie-girl starts KINDERGARTEN! Happy Saturday everyone!







































Comments