Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!

Last night from 6-8pm was trick-or-treat in our neighborhood. We invited my stepmom, sisters and nephews over to join us for dinner and to take the kids out begging for candy. Things changed at the last minute in multiple ways, namely that my sister Lindsey and my stepmom couldn't come because they have the swine flu and bronchitis respectively. We were so sad that they couldn't make it, especially because look at the spread we had at our house...

{candy corn, candy bowl, chocolate covered pretzels, black cat cookies & candy corn cookies}

{kool-aid, "mummy" hotdogs on a stick & all the fixings for chili & pasta salad}

{Treat bags for the trick-or-treaters)

Want to know the best part about this halloween dinner? I didn't make a single thing! All I did was re-heat chili and the mummy-dogs from my stepmom's (Darla) class party the day before! Even though she couldn't come, Darla sent over some wonderful food and treats that her class (she teaches high school students who have multiple disabilities) had made for their halloween party. The food was SO CUTE and very festive, and I'm definitely going to copy many things from this meal for future halloween events! All I can take credit this year for though is setting everything out and re-heating the food!

After everyone had their fill of the delicious cuisine, we headed out with the kids to trick-or-treat. Jaden and Sienna had a great time begging for candy alongside their cousins Parker (dressed as Spiderman) and Preston (Dumbo).







This last photo is my favorite because the kids, all on their own, lined up in age order and I loved seeing them all standing at that door waiting! From a photography perspective I loved the second to last photo best because the lighting was incredible with that tree having lights on it! I'm going to have so much fun with my SLR this Christmas season :)

This week we have a few things on our calendar, and a whole lot of work to do around here. Laundry needs to be done & folded, a cabinet in our living room organized and more work done on our basement as we are making a larger play area for the girls. If you have seen our living room full of toys before, then watch out because yesterday before our halloween celebration we replaced the toybox with a bookshelf and things are SO MUCH BETTER ORGANIZED! Now that Jaden and Sienna can both do steps well, we are keeping the basement open to them for play and reclaiming our living room space--yippee!

I also hope this week to get a few photos of the girls outside in the leaves and to post on Jaden's birthday party, so stay tuned :) Have a wonderful week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts