Today I...
...woke up at 12:45am and couldn't get back to sleep until after 3am
...turned off my 6am alarm and allowed myself an extra hour of sleep until 7
...put away any clutter around the entire house as preparation for my friend who is our cleaning gal to come and clean
...took Jaden to school, and forgot the grapes she needed for her class fruit salad :(
...stopped at Heinan's grocery store to buy her new grapes, and persuaded the lady working the salad bar to cut them in half for me before I took them to Jaden's school
...watched my friend's baby for a little bit; easiest job ever since she slept 75% of the time she was with me
...worked on a puzzle with Sienna and identified shapes and colors with her
...picked up Jaden from school, and took her and Sienna for haircuts
...let Jaden chop 2 1/2 inches off of her hair

...picked up a homemade pumpkin pie, thanksgiving "place cards" and this little decoration which only cost me $.99

...watched {I'm not going to admit how many} episodes of Oprah while my girls slept
...gated my room so that Jack could not get in and stain my carpet
...emptied a little of my car which has accumulated quite a random assortment of junk over the past week!


...turned off my 6am alarm and allowed myself an extra hour of sleep until 7
...put away any clutter around the entire house as preparation for my friend who is our cleaning gal to come and clean
...took Jaden to school, and forgot the grapes she needed for her class fruit salad :(...stopped at Heinan's grocery store to buy her new grapes, and persuaded the lady working the salad bar to cut them in half for me before I took them to Jaden's school
...watched my friend's baby for a little bit; easiest job ever since she slept 75% of the time she was with me
...worked on a puzzle with Sienna and identified shapes and colors with her
...picked up Jaden from school, and took her and Sienna for haircuts
...let Jaden chop 2 1/2 inches off of her hair
...picked up a homemade pumpkin pie, thanksgiving "place cards" and this little decoration which only cost me $.99

...got Jaden and Sienna their very favorite lunch treat: Chick-fil-a
...watched {I'm not going to admit how many} episodes of Oprah while my girls slept
...gated my room so that Jack could not get in and stain my carpet
...emptied a little of my car which has accumulated quite a random assortment of junk over the past week!...wrapped this large Christmas gift for Scott, which was one thing that had "gathered" in my car
...spent some quality time with Scott when he got home from work while the girls were still napping
...took Sienna to The Little Gym where I caught up with an old co-worker's wife while Sienna showed off her ability to do forward rolls all by herself
...cuffed my pant legs so that they would not get wet in the rain
...intercepted a plant delivery for my father-in-law and then gave it to him when he stopped by
...put Sienna to bed as Scott headed out for the evening to visit his friend from Alabama who is in town for tomorrow's holiday
...let Jaden stay up over an hour late to help me do some Thanksgiving baking


...accomplished a lot, the most important of which was giving myself time to relax
...was an incredible mom to my kids
...felt like Scott and I were very balanced as parents and as spouses today
...experienced an overall sense of wholeness, of goodness, of thankfulness
...thought, "I'd like to feel this way everyday"
...vowed to continue setting up my days and weeks so that I can do things like I did today and feel the way I did today
Yes, today I did many things. And there you have it!




Comments
P.S. - the haircut is SO cute!