Worlds Best Daddy

Yesterday was a day of celebration--A day in honor of dads everywhere who work so hard fathering and providing for their families. For us, it was a day to celebrate Scott and his dad, my father-in-law.

As a dad Scott has always gone above and beyond. He never ceases to surprise me with his patience, his gentleness, his playfulness, his kindness with our daughters. You would never guess from watching him interact with his daughters, but at one time Scott wasn't sure he wanted children...and now, he is an amazing, natural dad!

In honor of the most special, wonderful dad that I know, I wanted to share these photos of some of the first moments Scott spent with Jaden and Sienna, and of them together this weekend.


Scott holding Jaden when she was born

Holding Sienna in the delivery room

Scott and Jaden on the deck at the lakehouse this weekend
Jaden's shirt reads, "Daddy's social butterfly"

Scott & Sienna in the lakehouse kitchen
Sienna's shirt reads, "Daddy's little monkey"

Each year I get the girls a special shirt for Father's Day. I always thought I'd get matching / coordinating shirts, but this year I could not help but pick them each their own shirt which did not coordinate with one another because what they said was so perfect. Jaden certainly is our little social butterfly, and Sienna's nickname used to lovingly be "Chunky Monkey" because she had so many pudgy rolls as a baby. So the shirts were personal and Scott liked seeing them wear something that referred to their daddy on his special day.

We hope that everyone had as wonderful a fathers day as we did, and we will share more about our awesome weekend later this week!

Comments

I get Reagan a special "Daddy's girl" type shirt to wear for Father's Day each year too! Great minds think alike...

Popular Posts