An Angry Evening
You may have noticed that there was no “Fantastic Food Friday” today. And that I haven’t posted in two days. And if you’re my friend on facebook, maybe you noticed that my status hasn’t been updated. And if you emailed me, you may not have gotten the prompt response that I usually give. Want to know why?
If you guessed that we’ve been without internet service, then you’re absolutely right. And if being without the internet for the past 30 hours or so isn’t bad enough, add to it that we also have been without cable TV and phone service as well!
No, there hasn’t been some natural disaster that has left our part of Ohio without power. And no, the whole neighborhood hasn’t somehow lost cable service.
We unfortunately have been the victims of an idiot who cut through our cable line. Yes, an idiot. And I am officially allowed to say that because he is a certifiable idiot.
Yesterday our neighbors had an electric fence installed to keep their new puppy safely in their yard. The man installing the line was specifically told to avoid this one area where our cable line is buried at an angle away from our house. He had to install some of the electric fence wiring on our property because of the dog not being able to go within 4 feet of the electric line (so this way the dog can go all the way around his home and not get zapped!). So what did the guy do? He chose to not listen to what he was told. And he snapped the cable line. Go figure!!
To make matters worse, my hubby called Time Warner to have a serviceman come out today. He was told that someone would be out between 8am and 8pm (nice time frame Time Warner!). My hubby called at 4pm to confirm that someone was indeed coming out and was told that yes, we should expect someone anytime. At 7pm this evening I called Time Warner and received AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE (note here: I called Time Warner, they did NOT call me!) stating that we were scheduled to have a service call TOMORROW.
What?
Yes, TOMORROW. No, Time Warner didn’t have the decency to call us. No, we were not notified in any way. And Yes, we do believe that Time Warner has the world’s WORST customer service EVER! (Did I mention that there was more than one idiot involved in this story?!!)
So after speaking with 2 customer service representatives, who got me nowhere, and who, by the way, are not able to connect callers to their supervisors (one more gold star for Time Warner—ha!), I thought I was going to face another night without TV, phone or (and by far the worst for me!) internet.
Until…
I remembered that my hubby’s cousin, the amazing, giving, wonderful, generous, loving, kind Mr. Kevin is an electrician!
And thanks to him, I got my cable back. :)
And I have two requests in for supervisors from Time Warner to call me.
And tomorrow, the owner of the electric fencing company is also going to get a call from me. Because at the very least, his employees should have some training on following directions.
Right?
So there you have it. My evening involved some anger and frustration. But Mr. Kevin sure fixed it :)
And next time, my first call will be to Mr. Kevin, not Time Warner.
One more thing—you’re not getting Mr. Kevin’s number. Because even though I’m not all that angry anymore, I’m still selfish and I won't share him. Ha!
If you guessed that we’ve been without internet service, then you’re absolutely right. And if being without the internet for the past 30 hours or so isn’t bad enough, add to it that we also have been without cable TV and phone service as well!
No, there hasn’t been some natural disaster that has left our part of Ohio without power. And no, the whole neighborhood hasn’t somehow lost cable service.
We unfortunately have been the victims of an idiot who cut through our cable line. Yes, an idiot. And I am officially allowed to say that because he is a certifiable idiot.
Yesterday our neighbors had an electric fence installed to keep their new puppy safely in their yard. The man installing the line was specifically told to avoid this one area where our cable line is buried at an angle away from our house. He had to install some of the electric fence wiring on our property because of the dog not being able to go within 4 feet of the electric line (so this way the dog can go all the way around his home and not get zapped!). So what did the guy do? He chose to not listen to what he was told. And he snapped the cable line. Go figure!!
To make matters worse, my hubby called Time Warner to have a serviceman come out today. He was told that someone would be out between 8am and 8pm (nice time frame Time Warner!). My hubby called at 4pm to confirm that someone was indeed coming out and was told that yes, we should expect someone anytime. At 7pm this evening I called Time Warner and received AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE (note here: I called Time Warner, they did NOT call me!) stating that we were scheduled to have a service call TOMORROW.
What?
Yes, TOMORROW. No, Time Warner didn’t have the decency to call us. No, we were not notified in any way. And Yes, we do believe that Time Warner has the world’s WORST customer service EVER! (Did I mention that there was more than one idiot involved in this story?!!)
So after speaking with 2 customer service representatives, who got me nowhere, and who, by the way, are not able to connect callers to their supervisors (one more gold star for Time Warner—ha!), I thought I was going to face another night without TV, phone or (and by far the worst for me!) internet.
Until…
I remembered that my hubby’s cousin, the amazing, giving, wonderful, generous, loving, kind Mr. Kevin is an electrician!
And thanks to him, I got my cable back. :)
And I have two requests in for supervisors from Time Warner to call me.
And tomorrow, the owner of the electric fencing company is also going to get a call from me. Because at the very least, his employees should have some training on following directions.
Right?
So there you have it. My evening involved some anger and frustration. But Mr. Kevin sure fixed it :)
And next time, my first call will be to Mr. Kevin, not Time Warner.
One more thing—you’re not getting Mr. Kevin’s number. Because even though I’m not all that angry anymore, I’m still selfish and I won't share him. Ha!


Comments