Point Retreat

I've mentioned the lakehouse several times, most recently because we've stayed up there for two weekends in the past couple of weeks, so I thought you all should catch a glimpse of what is formally called Point Retreat, and of what is truly the most amazing retreat for anyone who goes there:

There it is....ahhh, it's blissful just looking at that beautiful house surrounded on three sides by water!! Located on Lake Erie in Sandusky, OH, my father-in-law built the house and rows of condos behind it (see photo below) and he kept the house for himself and his family. On the house's right is a real working lighthouse that we enjoy going into--you can climb stairs to the top and look out over the railing up top!

This photo shows the house on the left with groups of condos behind it. The condos facing us here are lakeside, and the condos behind which are facing the opposite direction are bayside. The bayside condos look out over a wildlife preserve and the boat docks, so no matter which side you're looking out, you have a beautiful view! My father-in-law's home looks out onto the lake from two sides and onto the bay from one. As you walk through the house and glance out windows you often feel like you're on a huge ship because most of what you see is water!

From the moment I saw this house, I fell in love with it. While Scott and I were dating, we spent a TON of time here boating with his dad, kayaking, walking the beach (not shown, but it's very nice!), swimming in the pool and relaxing on the deck. We actually had considered getting married here, but decided against it as plans for our wedding took shape. We spend as many weekends in the summer here as we possibly can and we're hoping to spend 3 of the 4 July weekends here this year! It is just such a wonderfully relaxing place and both we and our children absolutely love it!

Every year we try to spend Father's Day at the lake and this year it was so perfect. We got to swim in the pool (Jaden and Sienna's favorite part!)...



We got to hang out on the deck on the house overlooking the water (where I got locked out on Sunday...oops!)...

We got to relax inside...

And we got to enjoy Father's Day brunch there...

Most exciting this time for Scott and I was that we got to take our first ride on my father-in-law's new boat! He took us past Cedar Point, around Kelly's Island, and close to Put-in-bay (South Bass Island). The entire ride was well over an hour and we took a picnic lunch with us to eat on board. Jaden loved sitting in the co-captain's chair...

And Scott enjoyed taking the wheel for a bit!

I loved sitting in my favorite spot...the sunniest seat on the boat :)

Scott, Jaden and Sienna also spent some time out of the sun...

It was a perfect Father's day ride...and a wonderful way to spend our afternoon! In honor of Father's day, here are my father-in-law, hubby and our two girls...

Hope you enjoyed seeing one of my favorite places on earth! It sure was a relaxing weekend, and I can't wait to go back in two weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts