End of the Week Recap
We had such a great week last week, and because of our little mishap with the cable line, I was not able to post some of these. So I decided I'd just recap on our whole week and let you enjoy some photos of the most adorable little faces I get to look at each and every day :)
We began our week with playing in the little pool we set up on our deck on Sunday, as well as having a cookout with Grammy Pammy. Jaden and Sienna's favorite part was when Daddy put their slide into their pool!


On Monday, Sienna was touching all of the dresses in her closet and I could tell she wanted to get dressed up. So for no reason at all other than that she's such an adorable girly girl, we got her all ready for the day in her animal dress with matching bow. She was prancing down the hallway with the biggest smile on her face after she was all ready!

We watched Jaden's gymnastics show at The Little Gym, and were so excited for her when she did her pullover on the bars.

Monday was also Piper's birthday (my baby 'by day'--I watch her!). We celebrated but putting her in the Cat-in-the-Hat Themed outfit we had for her. I ordered the bow and shirt from different websites, and made the matching tutu. We wanted her to have it to wear at her Suess-themed birthday party. Happy 1st Birthday Piper!




On Wednesday morning we had no plans, so I made a quick decision to pack up and head to a nearby pond that is known to have tons of hungry ducks and a playground. The girls LOVED feeding the duckies and especially enjoyed seeing the little ducklings. We took a loaf of bread to feed them and I showed Jaden and Sienna how to tear off pieces to throw at them. It was amazing how something so simple was entertaining for all of us! We also played at the playground there and I was amazed at how good Jaden and Sienna have become at climbing and balancing on the equipment. They loved the different slides most of all on the playground.






On Thursday Jaden had her dance show at The Little Gym. She did not want to do her tap dance, but she did her ballet dance SO WELL and was excited to show off her moves in the gym again. Grammy Pammy, Grandma Jan and my friend Carla came with me to watch Jaden's show and afterwards, Grammy gave her flowers and I gave her a little ballet shoe charm for her pandora charm bracelet (more about my daughter's pandora bracelets to come later!). We were so happy to see Jaden dancing and doing her gymnastics again. She's come so far this semester at The Little Gym!





On Friday, we were not watching Piper so we had plans to possibly go to the pool with friends. It ended up being a little too cool to hit the pool, so after a long morning walk we decided to go to the movies! We saw 'Up' and it was a very cute movie with themes both children and adults could enjoy. This was the first time Sienna had been to a movie since she was a tiny infant in a carrier, and I have to admit I was a bit nervous about how she would do. Turns out she did perfect about 80% of the time and pretty good the rest of the time. We had popcorn to eat which always is a good way to keep kids in their seats and I also took a few other snacks in my bag. It was a fun way to spend our Friday!

So as you can see overall, we had such a nice week at our house. I hope that every week this summer is as enjoyable as this past week was. Tomorrow officially begins our summer schedule and we're busy with a summer camp for Jaden before heading to my aunt's house to pick her up and go to plant flowers at my dad's and uncle's headstones at the cemetary. Should be a nice day together again :)
We began our week with playing in the little pool we set up on our deck on Sunday, as well as having a cookout with Grammy Pammy. Jaden and Sienna's favorite part was when Daddy put their slide into their pool!


On Monday, Sienna was touching all of the dresses in her closet and I could tell she wanted to get dressed up. So for no reason at all other than that she's such an adorable girly girl, we got her all ready for the day in her animal dress with matching bow. She was prancing down the hallway with the biggest smile on her face after she was all ready!

We watched Jaden's gymnastics show at The Little Gym, and were so excited for her when she did her pullover on the bars.

Monday was also Piper's birthday (my baby 'by day'--I watch her!). We celebrated but putting her in the Cat-in-the-Hat Themed outfit we had for her. I ordered the bow and shirt from different websites, and made the matching tutu. We wanted her to have it to wear at her Suess-themed birthday party. Happy 1st Birthday Piper!


We took 5 walks outside and are getting so much use out of our new double jogger! The weather has been PERFECT for walks. Here we were on Tuesday at Hudson Springs where my sister joined us and pushed Piper while I pushed Jaden and Sienna.
After our 4 mile walk at Hudson Springs on Tuesday, we played at the playground and had a picnic lunch. Jaden and Sienna loved going into the baby swing together!
We watched Sienna's amazing performance at The Little Gym Tuesday evening. She looked like quite a diva gymnast wearing Jaden's gymnastics leotard! She was a star on the rings!


On Wednesday morning we had no plans, so I made a quick decision to pack up and head to a nearby pond that is known to have tons of hungry ducks and a playground. The girls LOVED feeding the duckies and especially enjoyed seeing the little ducklings. We took a loaf of bread to feed them and I showed Jaden and Sienna how to tear off pieces to throw at them. It was amazing how something so simple was entertaining for all of us! We also played at the playground there and I was amazed at how good Jaden and Sienna have become at climbing and balancing on the equipment. They loved the different slides most of all on the playground.






On Thursday Jaden had her dance show at The Little Gym. She did not want to do her tap dance, but she did her ballet dance SO WELL and was excited to show off her moves in the gym again. Grammy Pammy, Grandma Jan and my friend Carla came with me to watch Jaden's show and afterwards, Grammy gave her flowers and I gave her a little ballet shoe charm for her pandora charm bracelet (more about my daughter's pandora bracelets to come later!). We were so happy to see Jaden dancing and doing her gymnastics again. She's come so far this semester at The Little Gym!
One special note about this picture below--it's of Jaden's favorite teacher at the gym. This teacher nicknamed Jaden "Chicken Nugget" because Jaden LOVES chicken nuggets SO MUCH and always talks about how she's going to get to eat some (we usually went out for lunch on dance days this semester). Well Jaden can't say this teacher's name properly so when she talks about her, I swear she says Teacher Hamburger. I won't reveal her real name just in case she wouldn't want me to, but I will tell you the cutest thing Jaden said this week. The evening after her dance show Jaden came up to me and as serious as could be she said, "Teacher Hamburger loves her Chicken Nugget." I laughed--it sounded so funny!! I'm sure glad that my Chicken Nugget was so blessed by her special friendship with Teacher Hamburger :)





On Friday, we were not watching Piper so we had plans to possibly go to the pool with friends. It ended up being a little too cool to hit the pool, so after a long morning walk we decided to go to the movies! We saw 'Up' and it was a very cute movie with themes both children and adults could enjoy. This was the first time Sienna had been to a movie since she was a tiny infant in a carrier, and I have to admit I was a bit nervous about how she would do. Turns out she did perfect about 80% of the time and pretty good the rest of the time. We had popcorn to eat which always is a good way to keep kids in their seats and I also took a few other snacks in my bag. It was a fun way to spend our Friday!

So as you can see overall, we had such a nice week at our house. I hope that every week this summer is as enjoyable as this past week was. Tomorrow officially begins our summer schedule and we're busy with a summer camp for Jaden before heading to my aunt's house to pick her up and go to plant flowers at my dad's and uncle's headstones at the cemetary. Should be a nice day together again :)






Comments