My Big Girl and Big Finds!
As you know if you saw my blog Saturday morning, my preschool parents group held its annual consignment sale this weekend. In preparation for the sale, I gathered up some baby items that I know we won't be using even if we are blessed with another baby (thanks so much by the way for all of your supportive comments on my Flashback Friday post--I'm going to kick back and give this situation to God and we will evaluate if we want more babies one year from right now). One item I knew I wanted to sell was our high chair because our storage rooms are getting too full and I didn't want to have to find somewhere to keep it. So little Sienna now officially has a seat at the "big girl" (and "big boy"!!) table with Scott, Jaden and I! She sits in a little booster seat that has a seat belt so she won't fall out, and she loves being part of the family at the big table. Look at how cute she is eating her dinner (beef burgundy!) here:



At the sale I am happy to report that all of my "big" stuff sold! A few of my small cheaply-priced items didn't sell such as maternity shirts, bottles and videos, but I'm going to try to sell those at a garage sale my friend Kristin is having.
I was not planning to spend much money at the sale, but I did get one special item for each of our girls. For Jaden I got a princess tent for only $3 and for Sienna my friend Abbey gave us her cozy coupe! Now both Jaden and Sienna have a coupe to "drive" around in on the driveway. In the past they have argued a bit on who gets to sit in the pink coupe, so Abbey asked me if I thought Sienna would take to her new red one, and she DID! In fact, she refused to let Jaden sit in it at all because she would not get out! I'm so excited about these great finds, especially the car.
Have you ever found a great deal on something at a second-hand sale??




Comments
I don't know if you're close to a Children's Orchard, but they are having a $5 bag sale tomorrow.