Flashback & Fantastic Food Friday!

Good evening :) Betcha thought I forgot about my promise to tell you what that photo's all about! Well, I didn't. I was just busy all day taking Jaden to her last day of VBC--Vacation Bible Camp (I'm going to post all about her wonderful week there soon!), then spending the afternoon with my girls at the waterpark, and finally finishing off our day playing outside. So now that my girls are bathed and in bed, I finally have time to post!

Your guesses were good...Jaden was in fact asleep in a funny place. She actually was asleep between our couch and ottoman, and she was about 21 months old at the time. Here are the details:

In preparation for Sienna's arrival, we transitioned Jaden into a "big girl" bed early. We began by taking the side off of her crib at around 21 months old so that it was like a toddler bed. This was a whole new level of bedtime freedom for Jaden and while she did great for the most part, there were definitely times when she would try getting out of bed when she shouldn't. Well, one morning a few weeks after giving Jaden the freedom to get in and out of her crib easily, I woke up, went into her room and couldn't find her! You moms out there can surely imagine the way my heart skipped a beat (or two...or maybe even three!) as I began to panic. I knew she wasn't awake because she would've come to get me, and I didn't have a clue where she would be. I started looking around the house and did not wake up Scott yet at this point because I thought he would freak out thinking she had been abducted (maybe his mind wouldn't have gone there, but mine was already there and I was on the verge of a major anxiety attack!!). At first glance in each room I did not see her, and then I finally spotted my teeny princess sleeping in a little ball between our couch and ottoman. She had wrapped that tiny purple blanket (which is supposed to be something babies / kids cuddle with) around her as if it was a big enough blanket to cover her whole body which was so cute and funny. She was completely sound asleep, and we think she'd been there for awhile because neither Scott nor I had heard the pitter patter of her feet at all that morning! And plus, we think if the sun had been rising and she had seen the sky lighting up when she wandered to the living room that she would've come to wake us up which was her normal routine. So of course what's a mama to do once her heart goes back to a normal rhythm: well grab the camera of course! ha!

As we start thinking of transitioning Sienna to a "big girl" bed, I'll of course keep in mind that she may wander a night or two and I won't panic so quickly if I find her bed empty one morning. Of course knowing little Sienna, she'll wander to her big sister's bed and crawl in with Jaden. She already loves to snuggle with Jaden in there while they're playing sometimes...so adorable!

So if me writing about my little loves isn't sweet enough, here is one of my favorite dessert recipes from college to tantilize your taste buds! I added photos here because I thought they'd make you drool even more :)



Better Than Sex Cake (inspired by my sorority house mom, Inez)

1 devil's food cake mix & eggs / oil / water to make it

1 container cool whip

1 jar caramel ice cream topping

1 bag of Heath Bar topping (find it right next to the chocolate chips in the baking aisle)

a couple of straws



1. Make devil's food cake as instructed on the box:



(ignore the dirty oven; oops, must've been too busy playing with my kids to clean it!)


2. As soon as it comes out of the oven (while still HOT), use straws to poke MANY holes in the cake. I practically destroy my cake doing this, but the more holes the BETTER! Then take the top off the jar of ice cream topping, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and pour over the cake, so that it drips down into the holes. Make sure to get some of the topping onto the edges of the cake too.

3. Put cake into fridge to cool for at least an hour (I usually put it in for 2-4 hours)


4. Ice cake w/ cool whip


5. Sprinkle entire bag of Heath Bar topping over cool whip. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!



Of course I shouldn't still enjoy this recipe since I am officially allergic to chocolate, but since my only reaction is getting itchy, I still eat it when I make it, which isn't very often since I don't need sweets around to tempt me!

Have a good weekend, look for more posts from us Vitts all weekend :)

Comments

Jillian said…
That desert looks YUMMY!! I am going to have to use that one! My husband's mom and aunt LOVE chocolate as much as I do!!
Stephanie said…
First off.....I can't wait until I have stories like that about my little one =]

and secondly...YUM!!!!! As if I don't have enough trouble with cravings, these pictures are soooooo torturous! lol

<3 can't wait to see more pictures of your cuties..
i just stumbled upon your blog and cant wait to try the recipe - your daughter is SO cute!

Popular Posts