Random post about many things!
I did not have a chance to post yesterday because I was catching up on a month's worth of emails all afternoon and evening. It feels so good now to have only 14 messages in my inbox, and most of them are just things I'm saving for myself to look back at!
I also did not have time to post yesterday because I am dealing with a family crisis / heartbreak. I do not want to publicly post on all of what is going on just yet, but I would like to ask all of you to please keep my sister Brooke and my nephews Parker and Preston in your prayers. Some big changes are happening at their house today and while I know God has a plan for everyone and in all things, this is going to be a very difficult time for Brooke, Parker & Preston. As things happen I promise to update you since I know it's nice to get more details about what you're praying for, but I'm going to leave it at this for now. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers!
I realized a few days ago that I never updated on my last 7 day challenge! Do you even remember what that challenge was? I should give you a prize if you do! ha! I was going 7 days with trying not to use the internet in the evening. I did do a LOT better and was not on the internet much, if at all those nights, but I wasn't 100% good about it. However, I did have two periods of 48 hours due to cable problems right after the 7 days was up when I had no internet and no cable, so I was sort of "paid back"--ha! AND, we don't have the internet at the lake house so every time I go there it's 48 or so hours without internet. All in all, I think the challenge was a success and it made me realize that I don't need to use the internet for entertainment every evening...in fact this week my hubby and I have been sitting on the couch reading together (reading separate books, but sitting together) and it's been wonderful! Since there aren't many shows on TV we've resorted to reading books, and I love it!
Now for your Tuesday "7 things"--
I've decided that as a way for some of us to get to know eachother better, each Tuesday I'm going to post something under the theme of "7 things." I'll pick a category each week and list my own 7 things, and I invite you all to leave a comment with your own 7 things (or a link to your own blog where you list your 7 things!).
Today's category:
7 things you would buy if given $100 that you HAD to spend on yourself:
7. this Stella & Dot necklace which I recently saw at a home party and LOVE--I have a 50% off coupon right now so it would be $44.50
6. a flower headband like the young girls are wearing--I'd get it at Target so I'm guessing it would be about $7
5. a PEDICURE! $35
4. a pack of Orbitz bubble gum $1 yummy!!
3. a Chick-Fil-A chargrilled chicken salad (and I'd go out to eat by myself and have a peaceful dinner with just myself, my salad and a book or magazine!) $5.65
2. a bottle of orange vitamin water, the 10-calorie type $1
1. a $5.85 gift card to Best Buy to put towards the camera I'm hoping to buy with birthday money! (Canon Rebel!) I know the $5.85 wouldn't be much, but every little bit saved counts, right?
What would YOU spend your $100 on?
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I also did not have time to post yesterday because I am dealing with a family crisis / heartbreak. I do not want to publicly post on all of what is going on just yet, but I would like to ask all of you to please keep my sister Brooke and my nephews Parker and Preston in your prayers. Some big changes are happening at their house today and while I know God has a plan for everyone and in all things, this is going to be a very difficult time for Brooke, Parker & Preston. As things happen I promise to update you since I know it's nice to get more details about what you're praying for, but I'm going to leave it at this for now. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers!
I realized a few days ago that I never updated on my last 7 day challenge! Do you even remember what that challenge was? I should give you a prize if you do! ha! I was going 7 days with trying not to use the internet in the evening. I did do a LOT better and was not on the internet much, if at all those nights, but I wasn't 100% good about it. However, I did have two periods of 48 hours due to cable problems right after the 7 days was up when I had no internet and no cable, so I was sort of "paid back"--ha! AND, we don't have the internet at the lake house so every time I go there it's 48 or so hours without internet. All in all, I think the challenge was a success and it made me realize that I don't need to use the internet for entertainment every evening...in fact this week my hubby and I have been sitting on the couch reading together (reading separate books, but sitting together) and it's been wonderful! Since there aren't many shows on TV we've resorted to reading books, and I love it!
Now for your Tuesday "7 things"--
I've decided that as a way for some of us to get to know eachother better, each Tuesday I'm going to post something under the theme of "7 things." I'll pick a category each week and list my own 7 things, and I invite you all to leave a comment with your own 7 things (or a link to your own blog where you list your 7 things!).
Today's category:
7 things you would buy if given $100 that you HAD to spend on yourself:
7. this Stella & Dot necklace which I recently saw at a home party and LOVE--I have a 50% off coupon right now so it would be $44.50
6. a flower headband like the young girls are wearing--I'd get it at Target so I'm guessing it would be about $7
5. a PEDICURE! $35
4. a pack of Orbitz bubble gum $1 yummy!!
3. a Chick-Fil-A chargrilled chicken salad (and I'd go out to eat by myself and have a peaceful dinner with just myself, my salad and a book or magazine!) $5.65
2. a bottle of orange vitamin water, the 10-calorie type $1
1. a $5.85 gift card to Best Buy to put towards the camera I'm hoping to buy with birthday money! (Canon Rebel!) I know the $5.85 wouldn't be much, but every little bit saved counts, right?
What would YOU spend your $100 on?
Happy Tuesday everyone!


Comments
2) Tell me what you're reading!!