Show Us Your Life--Favorite Places to Shop

Life has been pretty overwhelming this week.  I'm not sure when or if it will ever slow down, but I wish it would!  We had a quick 48-hour trip to Columbus where I shared my thoughts on the Disney "Nerds" with a news channels (don't worry, it hasn't aired yet for those of you who want to see it!).  Now back at home I've been making baby food, catching up on a dozen loads of laundry, and quickly pulling things together for Sienna's fourth birthday party tomorrow. 

So this morning I'm taking out a few minutes for something fun--to link up with Kelly and share my favorite places to shop!  I don't necessarily love shopping per se, but I do love dressing fashionably and putting together cute outfits.  So to keep up with current trends, I guess I do have to at least enjoy shopping.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of days when I'm in my workout clothes all day or I throw on a sweatsuit if I feel the need to keep it comfy.  But I feel my absolute best when I take the time to put together an outfit and accessorize accordingly.  I am truly amazed at moms who do this every single day, like Lindsey, because I feel like if I tried to do that, my children would be up in arms.  They are extremely impatient and don't give me much time to get ready each day (we need to work on that!  or maybe it's just their ages?).  Thankfully for those days when I don't have a lot of time or need to be comfortable, I have some really cute sweatsuits!

When I do go shopping, some of the stores I love most are:

Banana Republic:

Gap:


J Crew:


Ann Taylor Loft:


Macys:


and The Limited:


I NEVER buy full price because all of these stores have plenty of sales and I try to stack a sale price with a coupon for an even better deal.  I try not to spend more than $15 on a shirt and $30 on a sweater and I don't own a single pair of designer jeans.  I don't think you need to spend a lot to look nice and put together!

Since I'm still carrying around 10-15 lbs of baby weight from my last pregnancy (I swear my body just CLINGS to baby weight...it takes me 1-2 years each time to drop it--blah!) right now I'm not in any mood for shopping for clothes.  However, I would take a few new accessories anytime!  I've learned that simple tops dressed up with a trendy necklace or scarf, jeans and cute shoes make the best outfits.  So I own many plan colored crew necks and v-necks and a box full of fashionable necklaces and earrings. 

One trend I wish I could pull off is skinny jeans with boots.  I own both, and I see the look everywhere for this fall, but with my stubby legs and extra-wide thighs, I don't know if it will happen!


So you will probably see me this fall in my typical jeans with flats (LOVE cute flats!), dresses with leggings and an occasional sweatsuit.  Maybe I'll set a goal to try out the skinny jeans and boots as soon as I lose 10 more pounds!

Head on over to Kelly's Korner to see where others love to shop--I'm sure there are many people over there with much more style sense than I have :)

Comments

Marina said…
We don't have most of that stores her in my country :( So, I guess my favorite would be C&A and New Yorker.
I love the skinny jeans & boots look as well!
His Doorkeeper said…
You have a great fashion sense but I just want to tell you that your three little girls are just beautiful!

Blessings!
Life Happens said…
You got great style! So wish I could wear skinny jeans and boots, but that'll never happen!

Popular Posts