School Girl
After such a great streak of daily blogging, I let this week get away from me. So sorry to disappoint!
Jaden officially is now a kindergartner. She started school on Tuesday and we had a fun evening Monday night preparing for her big day. We made pencils out of rolos and hershey kisses:
We had another pre-school day feast:
This time it was tacos, Jaden's most-asked-for meal followed by s'mores which Jaden has been begging for, but then decided she didn't like.
That night we read Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten and tucked the girls into bed. They were sooooo tired.
Tuesday morning we had our normal breakfast and read The Kissing Hand (again). I helped Jaden to get ready and then whipped up some school bus treats for she and Sienna to eat outside while we awaited the bus:
Both girls were excited for their treat outside, but then didn't eat much of it. Jaden isn't much of a fan of any "cream" which could be icing, cream cheese, butter, etc (mama's girl!).
I snapped a few photos of Jaden in front of the house and then we crossed the street to wait with our neighbors for the bus. Jaden is very fortunate to have a fellow kindergartner right across the street from us and the two girls are even in the same class!
Before we knew it the bus arrived. I expected all along that Jaden would be happy and excited that morning, but I also expected her to burst into tears just as the bus arrived and she realized she was off to school without Mom and Dad. She surprised me in that she was happy and excited as could be boarding the bus and then quickly waving to us from the window. My eyes welled up with tears though as they drove off--my little baby was headed to her first day of kindergarten!
That day seemed like the longest...day...ever! I kept finding myself wondering what Jaden was doing, whether she was having fun, whether she was listening to her teacher's instructions, if she was making friends and if she missed me. I certainly missed my girl!
I went outside to wait for her at 4 o'clock and the bus ran very, very late...she didn't get home until 4:45! I was so impatient as I waited, but the moment I saw her bound off the bus with a huge smile on her face it was all okay.
It turns out, Jaden had a WONDERFUL day and was excited to tell me all about it. She spread out her backpack's contents on the grass immediately and showed me a special "kissing hand" she'd made for me at school.
She also shared with me a note from her teacher thanking Jaden for the rolo "pencil" she took to her. I'm impressed that her teacher found time to send home such a sweet note!
The rest of Jaden's school days went well this week too. I'm so glad she loves her new school, her teacher and the new friends she is making. It turns out that adjusting to life as a kindergartner is tougher on Mom than it is on the kid!
And because you've probably forgotten what she looks like (haha) I couldn't close out this post without a snapshot of Bristol this week. Oh.those.cheeks...
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
Jaden officially is now a kindergartner. She started school on Tuesday and we had a fun evening Monday night preparing for her big day. We made pencils out of rolos and hershey kisses:
We had another pre-school day feast:
This time it was tacos, Jaden's most-asked-for meal followed by s'mores which Jaden has been begging for, but then decided she didn't like.
That night we read Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten and tucked the girls into bed. They were sooooo tired.
Tuesday morning we had our normal breakfast and read The Kissing Hand (again). I helped Jaden to get ready and then whipped up some school bus treats for she and Sienna to eat outside while we awaited the bus:
Both girls were excited for their treat outside, but then didn't eat much of it. Jaden isn't much of a fan of any "cream" which could be icing, cream cheese, butter, etc (mama's girl!).
I snapped a few photos of Jaden in front of the house and then we crossed the street to wait with our neighbors for the bus. Jaden is very fortunate to have a fellow kindergartner right across the street from us and the two girls are even in the same class!
Before we knew it the bus arrived. I expected all along that Jaden would be happy and excited that morning, but I also expected her to burst into tears just as the bus arrived and she realized she was off to school without Mom and Dad. She surprised me in that she was happy and excited as could be boarding the bus and then quickly waving to us from the window. My eyes welled up with tears though as they drove off--my little baby was headed to her first day of kindergarten!
That day seemed like the longest...day...ever! I kept finding myself wondering what Jaden was doing, whether she was having fun, whether she was listening to her teacher's instructions, if she was making friends and if she missed me. I certainly missed my girl!
I went outside to wait for her at 4 o'clock and the bus ran very, very late...she didn't get home until 4:45! I was so impatient as I waited, but the moment I saw her bound off the bus with a huge smile on her face it was all okay.
It turns out, Jaden had a WONDERFUL day and was excited to tell me all about it. She spread out her backpack's contents on the grass immediately and showed me a special "kissing hand" she'd made for me at school.
She also shared with me a note from her teacher thanking Jaden for the rolo "pencil" she took to her. I'm impressed that her teacher found time to send home such a sweet note!
The rest of Jaden's school days went well this week too. I'm so glad she loves her new school, her teacher and the new friends she is making. It turns out that adjusting to life as a kindergartner is tougher on Mom than it is on the kid!
And because you've probably forgotten what she looks like (haha) I couldn't close out this post without a snapshot of Bristol this week. Oh.those.cheeks...
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!





















Comments