Our fun-filled weekend!

This past weekend was SO busy and FILLED with fun!  We spent Friday night preparing to celebrate this little sweetheart who turns 4 on Wednesday!


This year we decided to have smaller-scale birthday parties for Jaden and Sienna with just family.  It's too hard to keep up with throwing all of these big parties and it costs a lot of money.  I never had a yearly birthday party and don't think it's necessary for my children to each have one either.  What matters most is making them feel special for their birthday and we did just that on Saturday.

I made some tissue paper pom-pom decorations and set up a table with snacks and cupcakes.  Sienna requested a My Little Pony theme so we put little ponies on delicious cupcakes made by my friend Shannon.


Here is a close-up of one of the tissue-paper decorations.  I hope you can see the detail I'm trying to show you--that I actually used two shades of each color for them.  I felt like it added dimension and I can't wait to make more like this!



Jaden and Sienna were VERY excited for the birthday party even though their cousins were the only kids coming over.  If you'd seen how enthusiastic they were you would've thought we were having 50 children over!


The kids all played "pin the tail on the pony" and Sienna won.  It was fun and we video taped the game so I can't wait to watch the video.


As soon as we said it was time for cake the kids all started picking out which cupcake they wanted.  It was cute to witness them deciding who would get each one.  Of course they all wanted a cupcake w/ a pony on it!


We sang happy birthday to our special girl...



and then she needed some help blowing out the trick candles!


Finally, it was time for presents.  All of the kids were excited, though none more than the birthday girl herself!





Sienna was excited for every gift she received, especially her sleeping bag, make-up kit and Cinderella wedding dress (which she's been asking for!).  Mommy here was excited for the three new outfits she got--she's going to wear them all this week :)

After Sienna thanked everyone for the lovely presents, she changed out of her party clothes and into her wedding gown.  She posed like a real bride with Great Grandma Vitt--


And I loved this shot of her with her Papa.  It looks like he's giving her a little wedding advice!  He was telling her happy birthday and how pretty she looked.  Such a sweet Papa our girls have :)


Finally, here's our birthday girl bride with her Grandma.  Grandma helped her get all dolled up in her gown.  Sienna loved all the special attention!


Before the kiddos all left we gave them a few goodies--coloring books, crayons and My Little Pony fruit snacks.  Just a little something simple, but it made the children all happy.  They all sat down and colored for a few minutes before they left, and I think they all ate their fruit snacks right then too.  I guess the cupcakes weren't enough sugar for these sweeties!  haha


After everyone left Sienna put her party dress back on and my step-mom took a few family photos for us.  I can't believe we didn't get a photo of Sienna with her Nana or my sister Lindsy (oops!).  But here are a couple of family photos where we're all looking at the camera and most of us are even smiling.  You know how hard that is with 5 of us!



While her sisters ran off some energy outside Bristol practiced standing up and I had my stepmom take a few photos of us.  I love this one.  Check out those roly-poly thighs and chubby feet!  (hers, not mine, haha)


Saturday night my step-mom stayed and I assisted her with making curtains for Bristol's room.  She's almost 6 months old, but it's never too late to finally finish the details and decorations for her room, right?  We have two more panels to finish and we're going to do those in two weeks; then I'll share Bristol's gorgeous room and bedding that I designed myself!

On Sunday my mom and her friend came to town to watch the three girls while Scott and I went to the Cleveland Browns game.  We took sandwiches and a cooler with a couple of drinks and salsa for chips.  It was the simplest tailgating experience ever and we enjoyed having some time to talk and just be together. 


We made it into the game before kick-off for the first time ever!  We always think we're going to have plenty of time to walk to the stadium and get in, but we always underestimate how much time it takes to get through the entrance lines and then up to our seats.  At one point during the pre-game production I almost asked, "do they do this every time?" thinking that I'd never seen them do something before and then I realized they probably do, but we've just never been there to see it!  haha





The weather was PERFECT and it was a pretty good game.  I have to admit, I didn't have faith that our team would pull off a win, but as always, Scott did!  We ended up winning by one point and I had to take a picture of the final score to remember that they actually won the game I went to this season!


For the rest of the season Scott will probably take a friend to the games.  I enjoyed it this time, but I'm not much into football and I'm definitely not into sitting in the stadium during freezing cold temperatures which will be here before we know it :)  I'm so glad that I got to go to an exciting game this year though!

One final thing...I always laugh when I think about what women wear to Cleveland Browns games vs. the game-day fashions I see southern bloggers post.  Apparently when attending college games in the SEC the girls get all done up and look really cute.  Well here are some examples of what women at the Cleveland Browns games wear:



Personally, I enjoy going casual and I couldn't imagine wearing anything but flip flops or flats to a football game, but I'm sure we look so frumpy compared to those southern belles at SEC games!

So overall The Vitt Family had a wonderful weekend.  We spent last night resting and recovering from all the fun and getting ready for the busy week ahead.  We look forward to all that this week holds and to another fun weekend coming up!

Comments

Popular Posts